Why All the Hate?

cgipson1 said:
Did you like the reaming that you and all other PS3 owners took... when Sony started taking away features? I know that you personally may not have been using those features... but MANY PS3 owners were, and felt screwed when Sony did that. I am sure you are aware of that controversy, YES? Or if you used their gaming network... and they got hacked because of a lack of decent security.. did that make you feel secure? (or maybe you didn't use the network?)

It is a good gaming platform... but there have been many issues, surely you can't deny that?

Yeah i heard about that. But I do enjoy not having to pay just to access their network. That completely turned me off from Xbox.

The PS3 just seems more useable.

I prefer my home built gaming PC... I hate gaming console controls! lol!

You do realize that Sony has ¥17 trillion in assets, right? They still have a LONG way to fall before hitting bottom.

You do realize The Titanic was considered "unsinkable", right?

You do realize Kodak was the largest employer in the USA, and DOMINATED the entire WORLD's imaging business, right?

Oh,how the mighty have fallen. Who said that? The bigger they are, the harder they fall. Oops, there's another unpleasant reminder....dang it! Record quarterly loss of 455 billion yen in ninety days...man, Sony is kicking a$$!

I'm sorry... I have to roll on the floor laughing a little bit.

They are having a Sony vs Canon war over on Fred Miranda. There are some who are comparing the 5D2 to the mirrorless Nex crap. BWAHAHAHAHAH!!!! Those aren't even in the same category.

You do realize that Sony has ¥17 trillion in assets, right? They still have a LONG way to fall before hitting bottom.

You do realize Kodak was the largest employer in the USA, and DOMINATED the entire WORLD's imaging business, right?

Oh,how the mighty have fallen. Who said that? The bigger they are, the harder they fall. Oops, there's another unpleasant reminder....dang it! Record quarterly loss of 455 billion yen in ninety days...man, Sony is kicking a$$!

I think most every company is struggling. Look what happen to Olympus and look now, they have the best mirrorless offering on the market. I am not going to buy Nikon or Canons pitiful compact system because their corporate heads are younger and can drink tea together.

cosmonaut said:
Going back and reading all of the post again there is really almost nothing bad or negative posted about Sony cameras but their other products. I guess I will never own a Canon DSLR because I get such bad service out of my Canon printer.

Samsung makes great TVs... So certainly I should buy one of their refrigerators and assume that will be wonderful, right?

Companies don't always do as well in every category as they do in one, but you shouldn't assume they will do as poorly either.

What everyone here has said is basically that Sonys cameras may be the exception to their quality concerns rule.

Really, though... Derrell has nailed it and articulated it far better than I could. If you're still going to make these kind of arguments in the face of his, there's little point in anyone else saying anything. You are blind to reality.

I don't understand why sarcasm is taken so literal around here. The real truth is I used an E5 and the opportunity came along for me to go full frame with almost an equal swap. The a850 fits my needs because I don't like complicated cameras. Plus it has in body image stabilization and Nikon and Canon IS is in the lens which drives the price up with every lens purchased. I shoot 90% manual and the other 10% aperture priority. It is as close to shooting film and still be digital short of a Leica M8/9.
I have the 24-70mm and 70-300mm G lenses and am constantly amazed at how sharp they are.
I have a D800E on pre order and have been reading how the camera has to be set up properly to use it. If it is something I am constantly going to have to fiddle with to use it I probably will sell it. I am mostly going to use it for landscape shooting and keep the a850s for my portrait shooting.
I have not personally attacked anyone here and if you can't take a little off the cuff sarcasm I feel sorry for you. But it has been said most serious photographers don't have time for this sort of endless he said she said. Shoot what suits your needs and don't try to convince someone their cameras are trash when you really don't have a clue if a Sony camera is good or bad because you probably have never owned one.

Last edited:
what does it matter which camera you shoot with if the end result is good photos? People still take great photos with OLD film cameras.
shoot what you like shooting, and be judged by the photograph you produce, NOT the camera you used to shoot it.

pixmedic said:
what does it matter which camera you shoot with if the end result is good photos? People still take great photos with OLD film cameras.
shoot what you like shooting, and be judged by the photograph you produce, NOT the camera you used to shoot it.

You must be new here.

cosmonaut said:
>SNIP>I think most every company is struggling. Look what happen to Olympus and look now, they have the best mirrorless offering on the market. I am not going to buy Nikon or Canons pitiful compact system because their corporate heads are younger and can drink tea together.

I am NOT very impressed by Nikon's new mirrrorless compact system models. I think it's unfair of you to call it pitiful however...the proper word is "pathetic", or perhaps more plainly, "effed up". Not pitiful. I mean, who knew their compact design team had a crack addiction? If Nikon had figured out that the CONTROL system of the camera needs to be awesome, I would already own one. Instead, I read the reviews, then went to Target, and looked at one, and I was like...man...this thing SUX!!!!!!!!! I'm not going to be able to use this damned thing! Sorry, no sale.

pixmedic said:

You must be new here.

yea, its only my second day. sorry, I'll catch on eventually.

I'm sorry... I have to roll on the floor laughing a little bit.

They are having a Sony vs Canon war over on Fred Miranda. There are some who are comparing the 5D2 to the mirrorless Nex crap. BWAHAHAHAHAH!!!! Those aren't even in the same category.
Well, if you ask me the 5d2 compares to the mirrorless Nex crap. I love to hate mine.

Amigas rule.

I never, ever said that Sony was unsinkable. But to put this into perspective Sony would need to have more than 5 straight years of record losses to suck up all it's assets. I just don't really see that happening. Maybe someday, but you'll be off to a retirement home before that happens, old man.

Most reactions

Back