X rite passport colourchecker

jaomul

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi all, anyone using these?

How do you rate them?

I have one that I use. What do you want to do with it? You can use it to build your own camera input profiles, but if you're not going to do that then it's a pretty over-the-top white balance card.

Joe

Thanks. I was looking at a monitor calibrator and came across this also. I saw a deal where it had money off if bought with a screen calibrator. It got me curious

I thought it be a good way to keep my shots similar in saturation, colour etc, but I don't make money from photos, just enthusiast so maybe it's a little over the top for me

Thanks. I was looking at a monitor calibrator and came across this. I thought it be a good way to keep my shots similar in saturation, colour etc, but I don't make money from photos, just enthusiast so maybe it's a little over the top for me

It's over the top. Raw converters will apply a "general" input profile for your camera that's going to be adequate for normal use. The only advantage of a custom input profile is to tighten control for a specific light source, for example your studio lights, or to develop a custom "look" that's your own. When you see software off film simulation looks this is an example of a custom input profile.

Joe

Edit: I have one primarily because I have to teach that stuff. As a generalist photographer it's not very day to day useful except as an expensive WB card.

I use one all the time; what I like about it are the graduated WB targets so that you can consistantly compare several different WBs.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back