You Gotta Try This!

haha cool didnt know you can buy covers for your camera. beats using stupid plastic bags I guess lol

yeah his idea of multi exposure panoramic picture sure sounds quite complicated and time consuming lol but it would look cool though. its like seeing you everywhere lmao

edit: I just found this, if its the same cover you were talking about lol

e702.jpg

after rain though, that has some great possibilities =P

yep! especially when its dark outside. you can actually get some really nice reflections from the street lights or cars. Ive tried that couple of times ^^

Last edited:
indeed =P

and it rains so infrequently here that i doubt its worth buying an actual cover
the plastic bag concept could get the job done though

indeed =P

and it rains so infrequently here that i doubt its worth buying an actual cover
the plastic bag concept could get the job done though

hehe yeah I mean if the cover in the picture I posted above is the same kind of plastic cover Chantal saw that cost 50 bucks then plastic bags are definitely a good alternative, that is if you can find a transparent one so you can see all the buttons and info on LCD while using it. lmao it was kinda hard for me to find all the buttons and stuff when I used my non- see through plastic bag :mrgreen:

hahah i can imagine

now exactly how do you get the plastic bag thing to work?
do you tie it around the lens so that the actual glass is uncovered?
or do you cut a hole in it or something similar?

Yeah, I would imagine you would do it somehow so the glass is uncovered. Even if you use multiple bags? lol.

It's quite easy to find clear bags, hehe.

true, at least it was before my family went "eco friendly" and bought those reusable grocery bags

now i'll need to make due with zip locks hahah

hahah i can imagine

now exactly how do you get the plastic bag thing to work?
do you tie it around the lens so that the actual glass is uncovered?
or do you cut a hole in it or something similar?

lol well I just wrapped the bag around the whole camera including most part of the lens. It wasnt raining whole a lot everytime I shot in rain and it stopped from time to time so I could quickly remove the bag and if it starts to rain again I would just quickly wrap the bag around the camera again. just make sure you use a bag that doesnt have color prints on it otherwise you may get those paint thingy on your camera :(

Yeah, I would imagine you would do it somehow so the glass is uncovered. Even if you use multiple bags? lol.
It's quite easy to find clear bags, hehe.

lol well you dont need multiple bags, would be hard to wrap and all that just make sure the bag is big enough to wrap about your camera. ohh I think it would be best to use plastic foil!! I am sure you guys have those in the kitchen lol if its wide enough i am sure you only need one large sheet :D

true, at least it was before my family went "eco friendly" and bought those reusable grocery bags

lol that almost sounds like some of those eco friendly swedish families who would recycle EVERYTHING lmao and only takes the train or bikes when they travel somewhere well I hope your family isnt that extreme :)

nah, not yet at least
at the moment we're just at the reusable grocery bags hahah
although my mom does have a hybrid...

haha well its good to hear that there are at least some families who care about the well being of the earth lol but I think some of them are just a lil bit extreme.

hmm you know if you only have those reusable grocery bags you can still make a cover out of it by cutting a couple of holes and tape over the holes with see through tape, for buttons and LCD :D

hahah well its this weird cloth stuff im not sure if its water-resistant or not...

My parents have got a few of the reusable ones haha - I know what ya mean.
Haha - but my question is, what do they use for garbage bags? They spend more money to buy them in the boxes instead of getting them free in grocery stores? :p

hahah well its this weird cloth stuff im not sure if its water-resistant or not...

Haha - probably not water resistant. :p

hmm Ive seen people using those weird reusable bags in Sweden and yes they are made of textile or whatever lol and I dont think they are water resistant so it would be a very bad idea using them as camera cover. heh dont you guys use plastic foils? just get a wide and very long sheet of those and wrap around your camera :D

My parents have got a few of the reusable ones haha - I know what ya mean.
Haha - but my question is, what do they use for garbage bags? They spend more money to buy them in the boxes instead of getting them free in grocery stores? :p

lol well I think those reusable bags are alot more rugged and durable than those crappy plastic bags you guys get at the grocery stores :p I mean those plastic bags are just terrible they are so thin and fragile that just by putting a box of cereal into them would make a million holes in them.

How did this thread turn into talking about weather and plastic bags?
:D scroll up and you'll see :D

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back