0.45X nikon lens

JackGC

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I would like to buy a 0.45X wide angle lens, just a filter because i have not got enough money for full on lens.
i use a D60 with a 18 - 55mm lens, does this mean i should buy a 55mm 0.45X wide angle lens for it to fit?

oh thanks pal, may i ask why, just for future references :)
You screw the filter onto the end of the lens (you can see the threads on the inside of lip at the open end of the lens). That opening is 52mm in diameter.

oh thanks pal, may i ask why, just for future references :)

55mm is the length of your lens... 52mm is width (filter size).

The filter size and the focal length have nothing to do with each other.

As for the wide angle adapter, they're basically worthless; if you think a .45x adapter will make your 55mm a 20mm... think again--they don't cacluate it like that; it will more likely turn it into a rather poor quality 40mm.

also your 18mm is pretty wide already. Your moving into fisheye territory at less than 18mm.

He/she would not to get quite a bit lower to get the effects of a fish-eye. Even a 12MM on a Nikon isn't there (nor is that lens designed to be, which is another consideration to take into effect).

18mm isn't wide enough for you?

i just want to be able to make the curved effect on my photo's, can some one just please tell me a nicely priced adapter that can do that?
i dont really want the black circle thing that a fish eye gives, or is that my last resort?

PLEASE can some one just tell me what adapter i should look for :)

im no expert but u could probably do something in post processing. 18mm is ok on the nikon but id admit a decent wide angle would be good. Im surprised u have not noted the diameter of ur kit lens, dont you have a protective uv filter for it?

i just want to be able to make the curved effect on my photo's, can some one just please tell me a nicely priced adapter that can do that?
i dont really want the black circle thing that a fish eye gives, or is that my last resort?

PLEASE can some one just tell me what adapter i should look for :)

That black circle, is your camera lens. The field of view on a fish is so WIDE that it picks up even the corners of your lens. For some people its a cool effect - for others not so much. This adapter is not going to do wonders for you, but if you want to cheaply play with a wide angle, then sure - grab any of the cheapo adapters you can find on eBay.

Just use a software tool. 18 is wide enough, or you can look into the sigma 10-20 or nikon 10.5 fish.

i think i may buy a cheap one from ebay, just to play around with it to see what i can come out with. If im loving it and want to invest on a better quality lens, then i shall go for a 10mm lens or something :)
thanks for everyones help by the way :D

Most reactions

Back