'08 Assignment- "Set in Stone" Due November 30th

Greg and Vice, fantastic photos! Absolutely beautiful.

The_Forgotten_by_sideways_8.jpg

first time posting in one of these.

Well thank you so much for posting. This shot is beautiful, I love the lighting and the colors, it envokes such emotion. Thank you for posting it. And welcome to the assignment threads.

One "set in stone" and one "sat on stone" :)

The cemetery in Stoke Newington. They turned it into a wildlife refuge, hence the overgrown appearance. Sure cheaper than maintaining the place!
cemetery.jpg

The Diana Memorial, Hyde Park, London. Since a couple people slipped and fell on the slick marble, there is as strickly enforced no-wading policy.
Diana_Memorial.jpg

Freelunch, the overgrown appearance sure makes the cemetary dramatic. I bet that place is down right spooky at night.
So with your second photo, do the people get ticketed if they are wading in the creek?

... do the people get ticketed if they are wading in the creek?

No. They just get chased out. There were 3 or 4 wardens whose sole job was to keep people out of the "fountain". It's okay to stick your feet in as long as you sit on the side. Behind the old couple, you can see that the water running over the sloping granite could make things pretty slick after any algae build up. There were a couple injuries last year, hence the new rules.

Free lunch, wow a few people get hurt by being stupid and they ruin the fun for everyone. :(

Sara- 2 and 3 are totally my favorites! Great job!

I'm lovin' your pictures, Sara. 1 and 3 are absolutely amazing! :)

Hey there Big Bully, unfortunately I never got around to taking an image of the other half of the sundial. It was starting to rain that day, so I had to take my shot and make a run for my car. However, the sundial itself is a memorial to Air India Flight 182 which was bombed in 1985, and the face of it is inscribed with the famous phrase, "Time flies, suns rise, shadows fall, let it pass by, love reigns over all."

One "set in stone" and one "sat on stone" :)

The cemetery in Stoke Newington. They turned it into a wildlife refuge, hence the overgrown appearance. Sure cheaper than maintaining the place!
how is in stoke newington? haven't been there yet.
i am a die hard lover of highgate and west brompton. in fact i used to live 1 minute away from brompton's, now i just wish i had a decent camera at the time!
anyways, as i'll be in london next week, is stoke newington worth a go? wanted to visit kensal green, too.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back