$1.25

crystalview

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Let me know what you think...I have my own critical reservations about certain parts of this photo...but I'll keep them to myself for now..Some curves post-processing done for the mood I was in at the time.

Let me know what you think...

13365629-M.jpg

A simple "its ok" or "not good" will work as far as comments. I know the subject is very simple and seemingly uncomplicated.

i like it. im not sure what mood you were going for here, but i like the sharpness of the in focus bits...

good work

MD

im not sure what mood you were going for here

:) I guess I was in the mood for simple things, that we dont really pay attention to, but see everyday, (or at least once a week in this case).
The yellowish tone to it, portrayed a feeling that I need my own damn washer and dryer, and move out of my "crappy" apartment! :D

Ahhh.. SADD, its wonderful time of year!

I bet that doesn't make a whole lot of sense to most of you, but I guess it does to me...thats all that matters huh? j/k

Thanks for the comment MDowdey!

I love the depth of field. The only think that I would have changed is the white balance. Me dont like the yellowish tint.

::edit:: Pls. ignore my comment about the yellow tone. Just read your comment on the tone.

I like it and I definitely like the depth of field. It is sometimes hard to photograph those ordinary things we see everyday.

crystalview said:
The yellowish tone to it, portrayed a feeling that I need my own damn washer and dryer, and move out of my "crappy" apartment! :D

Oh, I remember this so well. I went to Las Vegas in the '90s when I was still using coin washers and dryers and every time I got a roll of quarters for the slot machine I started thinking about how many loads of laundry were in my hands. I wasn't on the slots much! :lol:

Thankyou to Nytmair, JonMikal, core_17, danalec99 and Aoide...I appreciate your comments very much.

Holy crap!!! I have some shots almost exactly like this!!!! I like it for the DOF.

I'd like to use the cliche "Great minds think alike" reference, but my mind is scattered and distorted at times :) Yours is still "great" though! :scratch: I hope that doesnt get misinterpreted...anyway, thanks alot! I'd like to see your version sometime too if you have it handy

Oh, I remember this so well. I went to Las Vegas in the '90s when I was still using coin washers and dryers and every time I got a roll of quarters for the slot machine I started thinking about how many loads of laundry were in my hands. I wasn't on the slots much!

I'm glad I'm not alone on this one then...lol

Thanks again everyone...I always enjoy the feedback from ya'll!

others are welcome to comment too, give it to me straight...

later on..-Jared

:thumbsup: I like it as well. The DOF is great, although I would have liked to see just a tad bit more, maybe get the edge of the 1.25 sign thingy (the round corner) in focus as well? Just a thought? I love the subdued colors as well, Very nicely done.

Great photo! Thanks for sharing..

Zach :D

aggiezach said:
I would have liked to see just a tad bit more, maybe get the edge of the 1.25 sign thingy (the round corner) in focus as well?
Zach :D

I agree with Zach, great DOF but with that added part in focus I think it would pop even more.

I too get that feeling in the pit of my stomach thinking about dragging the laundry to the coin machines :puke:

oooh, the shot is really great. the dof is fantastic, as people have said, and the greenish-yellow lighting is a good contrast with the splash of red. it's simple, but incredibly effective. did you have to photoshop it at all to get the moody lighting or was it already like that when you took the photo?

Most reactions

Back