10 amazing Photo ideas you can capture in your Garden

Jens Heidler

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey everyone,
today I want to share 10 cool macro photography ideas you can shoot in your garden. The only thing you need is a flash, flash diffuser, a little bit of luck and patience.

Very nice video and some cool pics! I just got into macro photography recently and I have a good flash & diffuser that works real nice but since the shutter speed is limited to 1/200 I had the idea to use my head lantern (LED light) to light the subject instead so that way I can use higher shutter speeds. I haven't tried it out just yet but I will soon to see if my idea works. I really hope it does because some of my (what could've been great) pics of bees flying were blurred because of the low shutter speed. Any thoughts on that idea?

Thank you guys:)
Which flash do you use? Some flashes have HSS (High speed mode)-Mode which has to be activated manually.
My sony a6300 is limited to 1/160 but fortunately my new flash supports HSS and i can use faster shutter speeds.
(acutally all my images are shot between 1/100 1/160, because I want ISO 100:))

Which flash do you use? Some flashes have HSS (High speed mode)-Mode which has to be activated manually.
My sony a6300 is limited to 1/160 but fortunately my new flash supports HSS and i can use faster shutter speeds.

The flash I have is this: Neewer E-TTL Speedlite Flash with LCD Display, Hard Diffuser. It goes for $45.99 on amazon. (I got it as a gift) I don't know the manual settings, that'll take some time to learn them so I just use the TTL for now and it works fine anyway for what I use it for. I'm putting up some pics I just used it on in the macro section on this site. I normally don't do it but since it is macro and you want everything to stand out I greatly enhanced them with some basic windows editing tools. I have Photoshop elements '18 but rarely use it for various reasons. So what do you think about using a headlamp instead of a flash?

The flash I have is this: Neewer E-TTL Speedlite Flash with LCD Display, Hard Diffuser. It goes for $45.99 on amazon. (I got it as a gift) I don't know the manual settings, that'll take some time to learn them so I just use the TTL for now and it works fine anyway for what I use it for. I'm putting up some pics I just used it on in the macro section on this site. I normally don't do it but since it is macro and you want everything to stand out I greatly enhanced them with some basic windows editing tools. I have Photoshop elements '18 but rarely use it for various reasons. So what do you think about using a headlamp instead of a flash?

I guess the problem might be, that the light is too harsh (like sunlight) or you have to diffuse your flashlight light as well (is the light still bright enought?). I did this for indoor macro photography when I did not own my softbox and ring light, but outside, it does not sound like fun for me;)

I guess the problem might be, that the light is too harsh (like sunlight) or you have to diffuse your flashlight light as well (is the light still bright enought?). I did this for indoor macro photography when I did not own my softbox and ring light, but outside, it does not sound like fun for me;)

I experimented with it a little and found out the light isn't even when the subject starts moving away from the center of the beam (or your focus) and I agree that it needs to be diffused. Aside from that, I felt like uber geek wearing a lantern in the daytime, lol! :048:

I liked the video and learned a few things too. It was entertaining and moved at a good pace. I'll have to look at your other videos. I did watch the one on Ecuador. Loved the speed ramp edits. What did you use for the title work?

Thank you:) Next travel edit will be:Madagascar. I used adobe premiere CC 2019 to edit everything (thumbnail included).

Most reactions

Back