$1000 Gift Certificate

48North

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello - new to the Forum. I just recently won a $1000 gift certificate to our local London Drugs (Canada). I have always wanted a good camera and am wondering if anybody has any suggestions on something that would be simle enough for a starter but can still take decent pics. Should I focus on just a camera to start or a camera ans possibly a lens. I view the other posts like this but they are a little older and maybe new product has hit the market?

Thanks
48North
www.destination48north.com

:lol:not only spamming, but pictures are awful for products:lol:

to the matter at hand. if you think you will stay in this hobby for a while get an entry level dslr and a kit lens. i started out with the d60 and i am still shooting with it. very good camera, easy to use and takes good pictures, from a technical point of view... the artistic is up to you!

Western Canada only 2 Provinces? Thought it was much bigger.

Order a d200 off of Best Buy's webersite, its not much more expensive than the D60, and youll be MUCH happier with it, and youll be able to grow into it, or just have a nice camera if you dont grow into photography. (a nice camera is always nice to have)
You can get any lens you want, I dont know what you like shooting so I cant make a suggestion.....the 18-200 is a popular choice, and is 700 USD, putting you a few hundred over 1000 dollars you won..... (around 3 or 4 hundred....)

Sheesh - The website is listed as a reference of some of the pics I have taken in the past. The banner pics are mine and I was simply trying to give an idea of my interests. These pics are taken with a friends machine, who comes along with me and generally sets everything up for me. He just says "OK, it's ready, go ahead". But I want to get my own gear and learn the ropes. His camera has so many different functions that I figure it would take me a life-time to learn everything. I am looking for something much more simple.

Anyhow, thank you for the feed-back sbura. Can I ask you what you think a fair price for that camera is? And if I am generally into taking large landscape pics, is there a lens you would recommend?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back