$1000

I`m not a professional but I have a Canon EOS 40d, its my FIRST dslr. I think you can afford the 30d body and get a lens too. I can say that my camera is a SUPER CAMERA and one you might want to consider or at least the 30d. And you would not have to upgrade it in a few years. Thats something to think about too. Why buy now and upgrade in a year or two... get something great now and not upgrade and put your money into great glass instead. I think thats a better choice. But thats only my opinion.

Often times people say (and I agree), get a lesser body and better glass. Most of the time, the lens is a more important factor on image quality. Unless you are doing specific types of photography where a certain body is needed (like sports and high frame rates), then go for the XTi, or XT, or D40 or whatever other beginner body. Invest your money in lenses, it will help you in the long run. By the way, the setup you have in mind should fair you well, unless you will be needing wide angle lenses.

hmm quite a few are mentioning widangle lenses as being the only limitation for this set-up so I will take a moment to say that photoshop elements 6 is an affordable way to cheat - it has a photo stitching program in it which lets you take a series of overlapping shots of a landscape (or car or anything) and it will stitch them together to form one single panorama - with the 50mm and a tripod (you need to tripod to keep all the shots on the same angles) you can get very good results.

cant i just buy a wide angle filter?

If you are making a steady amount of money, you could always just buy that set-up for now, and save up for a nice wide angle lens later..That's what I'm kind of doing. I started out with my 40D and the kit lens, and I keep adding on stuff as I get more money. I still don't have some basic gear that I'm saving for, but I'll have it someday..

hmm can't say that I have heard of them before - and considering that it is more glass being added to the lens I would only use it in the best of light to ensure that there is less loss of image quality (which is kind of difficult with widangle shots are evening and mornings are the best time for scenic views, not the middle of the day)

Personally I would spend the money on getting photoshop elements and stitch the shots (it takes a moment) your 50mm has enough speed for low light shots.

Often times people say (and I agree), get a lesser body and better glass. Most of the time, the lens is a more important factor on image quality. Unless you are doing specific types of photography where a certain body is needed (like sports and high frame rates), then go for the XTi, or XT, or D40 or whatever other beginner body. Invest your money in lenses, it will help you in the long run. By the way, the setup you have in mind should fair you well, unless you will be needing wide angle lenses.

+1

Most reactions

New Topics

Back