120 shooters might be interested in this.

Cool! I want some!

Marketing my boy, marketing. It's like you local pusher, get em hooked on the idea of positive paper. Once they buy some and shoot it they will want to see what the images look like. Gotta go buy the developer then.

“Advertising is to a genuine article what manure is to land, - it largely increases the product.”
― P.T. Barnum

This paper was designed together with the reversal kit developer. They're meant to go together.
Seems weird that they don't have a "film" and developing kit combination.

I think their original Kickstarter campaign may have had that combo. Can't remember, it was a while ago. But it makes sense that since then, they'd sell it separately.

Funny that I saw this tread. Just yesterday, a friend of mine mentioned that he had used some Ilford fiber based paper to create an image in a pinhole camera he made. He said he developed the resulting image in Sprint Standard at 1:30 dilution, don't remember for how long. Since Spring can be used as a film or paper developer I wonder if this would work with this film........

Got to ask

What is point of that

Why would you even bother using MF cameras just to get contact size prints with no negative to make enlargements or just more contact prints

Totally pointless product ;)

Got to ask

What is point of that

Why would you even bother using MF cameras just to get contact size prints with no negative to make enlargements or just more contact prints

I don't see the point of spending thousands of dollars on shiny metal sticks manufactured for the sole purpose of whacking a white, dimpled ball around well-manicured parks for hours on end.

But people play golf every day.

Got to ask

What is point of that

Because we can.

Is it because photography has now got so easy that anything that is a pita must be seen as (must have regardless of cost)

What's next, going back to coating your own plates.

Still a pointless product but fools and their money and all that I suppose.

<snip>
What's next, going back to coating your own plates.<snip>
There are plenty of people using wet plate techniques. Personally, I do not usually like the results but if film completely dies it might be all us Luddites have left.

It doesn't appeal to me either because of the small print size and lack of negative but I can see that others might like it. It reminds me of that tiny Polaroid format ( instax or whatever it's called) or the prints that used to come out of the old selfie photo booths.

Is it because photography has now got so easy that anything that is a pita must be seen as (must have regardless of cost)

Quick and easy isn't always the the most desired way. Years ago I built a crib for my soon to be born son; I could have used all power tools and it would have been quicker and a lot easier, but those hand cut mortise and tenon joints were way more special.

Obviously you were not included in the market research done prior to launching the product. But companies don't just make a niché product on a whim. They find our first if there's a profit to be made. And in order to make a profit, someone has to buy it.

Just because [i [you [/i]have no need for it doesn't make it worthless, nor does those buying it make them fools just because you say so.

Most reactions

Back