18-55&55-200mm vr nikkor

AdAbro

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hey guys I need your help. I'm on a budget and I carry a D3100 w/ 18-55 and 35mm nikkor lens. I'm planning to buy the 55-200 to complete my 18-55. Should I get the 55-200mm vr? If not please RECOMMEND a good lens that's not over 500 USD. I don't mind if you recommend a third party lens like tokina, tamron, or sigma. I'll accept wide angle recommendation! Thank you for helping!

That's a fine addition to your camera kit. There is no need to go digging in 3rd party offerings for a decent tele zoom with stabilization given your budget.

Good lens for WHAT? Wildlife? Streetphoto? Macro? Landscape?? Do you even understand what ... have you just asked?

Nikon's AF-S 55-200 mm f/4-5.6G IF-ED lens is a great value.

Since you don't say how you intend to use it, it is hard to make any other recommmedations.

There are other older Nikon lenses that have better optical quality and a wider maximum aperture, but those lenses are screw-drive auto focus lenses and your D3100 is a compact DSLR lacking the screw-drive needed to auto focus those older, better optical quality lenses. An example would be the AF 80-200mm f/2.8D push-pull zoom lens, which can often be found used for $500.

KmH said:
Nikon's AF-S 55-200 mm f/4-5.6G IF-ED lens is a great value.

Since you don't say how you intend to use it, it is hard to make any other recommmedations.

There are other older Nikon lenses that have better optical quality and a wider maximum aperture, but those lenses are screw-drive auto focus lenses and your D3100 is a compact DSLR lacking the screw-drive needed to auto focus those older, better optical quality lenses. An example would be the AF 80-200mm f/2.8D push-pull zoom lens, which can often be found used for $500.

Sry I dint explain but I might use it for people, travel, street, and nature

Most reactions

Back