1955 Star Chief

smoke665

TPF Supporters
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
We were in the mountains for the Labor Day Holiday, a few of the car buffs came in early for the fall show next week. My neighbor had this old Pontiac that was his "drive around" car. It wasn't restored, nor completely original. It had been repainted (30yrs ago), the engine was a 400 cu in transplant from a GTO, and if you look closely you'll see a few other things. Considering I was only 5 when this rolled off the line, the old girl was in a whole lot better shape than I am. Wish I would have had my studio equipment, my makeshift lighting left a lot to be desired but you take what you can. Enjoy!

55 Pontiac20220904_5684-Edit.jpg by William Raber, on Flickr

55 Pontiac20220904_5692-Edit.jpg by William Raber, on Flickr

55 Pontiac20220904_5696-Edit.jpg by William Raber, on Flickr

Nice car and shots.

Thanks for looking and commenting guys.

Fun to see how GM not-so-subtly altered its mid-50s makes externally and internally to preserve brand identity. A very expensive strategy!

Little nostalgia for the older crowd. The 55 Star Chief convertible minus the continental kit, was the car they used in Episode 110 of I Love Lucy "California Here We Come".

What a car! Great captures.
It's like a beautiful "older woman", from afar its still beautiful, it's only when you get up close that you notice it has a few blemishes. LOL As the owner said it won't win any best in show, but it will sure turn heads going down the street.

A friend took his last ride in a Star Chief, Memorial Day 1958. Tried to straighten out an S-curve at an estimated 130 m.p.h. He was only 22, and had one car payment left. Somewhere I may still have a picture of the car on a flat-bed trailer in the high school parking lot, set there as a reminder that alcohol and driving don't mix.

Most reactions

Back