www.federicobuchbinder.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
From April 2010, processed today.

p336888122-4.jpg

EDIT: Here's a colour version...

p52713307-4.jpg

Last edited:
I really like it. Like how the distortion makes the tail end so large. Gives you the space ship feeling.

You sat to get this; but you should have been lying on the floor for a better effect; here your lens and face of car are parallel, which is less desirable.... further the car does not look old enough which is the main limitation i found; a very good theme for black and white photography

Regards :D

Nice! I agree with MLeek.. very 1960's space shippy feeling! Cool capture!

You sat to get this; but you should have been lying on the floor for a better effect; here your lens and face of car are parallel, which is less desirable....
Well, lying on the floor the photo would've been definitely different. Not sure if better or worse though, but I do know that the top of the trunk would've not been visible, and maybe the cabin would've disappeared partially or completely. The wide-angle lens might (or might not) have distorted the car too much.
(Or maybe the reason I didn't lay down on the floor were the bugs :))

further the car does not look old enough which is the main limitation i found
There's only so much I can do about that :)

Thanks everybody for the honest feedback. I've added a colour edit to the original post above in case anybody's interested.

I love the second edit. Wonderful colors. I also like the fact that both sun visors are down. Nice job.

THe burn-in on the sky in the color image, and the B&W one, looks a bit too strong for this type of neo-realistic, decaying-landscape, documentary type feeling...it just draws a bit too much attention to the photographic "process" part of the photograph...it's just such an obvious vignette that it makes me more-cognizant of the fact that somebody (you, I hope!) decided, "Okay, I am going to burn those corners in pretty heavily."

In the upper, left hand side, I'd like to see that sidelighting on the tree in the background a bit brighter and more-crisp, so that would play a bit more with the cool shadowing of that weed clump that's growing out of the bumper...I love that little shadow of the plant!!

I also like the fact that both sun visors are down.
That's exactly how we found them – nothing moved, nothing added here.

THe burn-in on the sky in the color image, and the B&W one, looks a bit too strong for this type of neo-realistic, decaying-landscape, documentary type feeling...it just draws a bit too much attention to the photographic "process" part of the photograph...it's just such an obvious vignette that it makes me more-cognizant of the fact that somebody (you, I hope!) decided, "Okay, I am going to burn those corners in pretty heavily."
To be honest with you, I rarely ever process my images so they would look like a certain "period" photo would. I almosts always process my photos the same way (although there are exceptions of course).

In the upper, left hand side, I'd like to see that sidelighting on the tree in the background a bit brighter and more-crisp, so that would play a bit more with the cool shadowing of that weed clump that's growing out of the bumper...
The first time I read this part, I thought that you were nuts. The second time, however, I realized how good a point you made. Spot on, thanks for the feedback!

Thanks, guys!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back