1DX or D4 ?

Deo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I currently have an order for 1DX, just wondering what do you guys prefer. well, just take this as a poll.

Which system do you have a 14-24, 24-70, 70-200, and speedlights? That's probably the one I would pick.

Well.. the D4 just scored the 2nd highest DXOMarks ever recorded.. just below the Nikon D800. Nikon is known to have a superior focusing system.. and a superior TTL / CLS flash system. Even Canon die-hards will concede that Nikon lenses are superior to most Canon lenses.. better image quality. Not even going to mention the High ISO capability.

Do you really even need to ask? ;)

Even Canon die-hards will concede that Nikon lenses are superior to most Canon lenses..

I am not a Canon die hard but do you want to show me how Nikkor f2.8 70-200 VR II is all around better than Canon EF f2.8 70-200 II?

You have a lot of Canon glass, get a 1D X. It has better High ISO performance than D4 from what I've seen and higher FPS. I mean, really either way you go won't be a "bad" choice.

Well.. the D4 just scored the 2nd highest DXOMarks ever recorded.. just below the Nikon D800. Nikon is known to have a superior focusing system.. and a superior TTL / CLS flash system. Even Canon die-hards will concede that Nikon lenses are superior to most Canon lenses.. better image quality. Not even going to mention the High ISO capability.

Whaaaaaat? Canon die-hards love their Kwannon systems!!!

Are you switching brands or just diving into the deep end? Sorry but this is a bit of an odd question, normally people that buy 5 grand pro bodies have 10-20 grand in glass so they go with whatever glass they use.

This will be another round or comparisons that say "they are close" just like the MKIII and D800, in the end I would bet that you will find them somewhat even. But, you will also find them both in high demand, since they both have low production numbers even a preorder does not guarantee you will get anything soon. Most D4 preorders have yet to ship, I think there are only 10,000 out now so they are still pretty rare (I have yet to see a serial number over 10000)

There is a possibility that i will be switching brands, still considering. and my mom is getting me one of those bodies, also actually i've spent around 15 grand on glass.

Last edited:

*glares at*
I wonder if I can class this post as spam? ;)

Op - it's an impossible question to answer. You can fight the stats of the two bodies on their own against each other; but you need to apply this to both your real world needs and demands upon the system as well as the financial costs of switching brands. In addition consider the lens lines for both brands; if the brand you are with has lenses that suit your needs better than the other then there isn't any reason to switch for small differences in the bodies.
Remember switching brands about the only thing you can keep hold of are your 3rd party lighting units and your tripod. Your 1st party flash units, remotes, lenses, batteries have all got to change and that will come at a big cost when you're switching brands at the high end.

If I spent 15 grand on glass I wouldn't have to ask what camera to buy

There's little point in asking - to replace 15k in glass with the same in the opposite manufacturer makes it pretty much pointless, plus you've already said you've ordered the 1Dx.

CG, As for your post re Nikon glass v Canon, you naughty l'il Nikon shooter you, trying to stir it up... lol :lol:

If I spent 15 grand on glass I wouldn't have to ask what camera to buy

I do agree with this totally.. if you have that much invested in Canon glass.. it would be silly to switch!

There's little point in asking - to replace 15k in glass with the same in the opposite manufacturer makes it pretty much pointless, plus you've already said you've ordered the 1Dx.

CG, As for your post re Nikon glass v Canon, you naughty l'il Nikon shooter you, trying to stir it up... lol :lol:

Not saying that the DXOMarks are the end all and be all.. but they do have some interesting statistics comparing lenses....

Same for the body scores... top three are D800, D4, and D3x.....

Aren't DXO owned by Amazon and sponsored by Nikon or something? ;)

Aren't DXO owned by Amazon and sponsored by Nikon or something? ;)

Yep.. it is all part of Nikon's conspiracy to take over the world! lol!

Most reactions

Back