1st attempt at portraits

Ok, here is my JUST FOR KICKS reedits
img1390webhh6.jpg

img1360webya1.jpg

Thanks but what didyou do to the bottom one? besides the crop, was it saturation increase?

Oh goodness, I wish I could remember. I know I warmed it up a tiny bit. Desaturated around her eyes, her teeth and increased saturation on her lips, the shirt and the background. I think I did some skin smoothing/airrushing...I really just played around until I thought it looked nice with subtle changes. I use paint shop pro so I dont know the PS terms to use.

oh and did a low unsharpen mask (like on 35 I think)...i dont know how that related to PS though...I will have ps some day.............

I like the poses, I think they do become more natural as they go on, I do think on number 2 it would be nice to edit the hair strands that are wraped around her neck, i find the destracting.

I like the pics with the sea as the back ground and the edits that have been done to make the water bluer, it makes her stand out .

In #1 and 2, the hair is distracting, 3,4,5 are adorable. Im a sucker for candid portraits! Leave the color though, the BW one is too dark (even for my taste!) and the colors are gorgeous on the beach. Overall I would say nice job, just a few minor things to work on but you are on the right track! Nice job

A lot of the edits seem to bring out more color in her skin which is a wonderful tone. Now, I'm a newbie, but I would have manually adjusted the white balance to bring in a bit more warmth. Does anyone else agree?

Gene

Most reactions

Back