1st Bridal...heavy

bunny99123

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This is how it went: Bride wanted to shoot at 7pm...Dusk by 7:45. She put here dress on after she arrived. It was 100 degrees...really! I had to shoot quick, before losing daylight. So, hot we had the poor girl had to take lots of breaks to stay hydrated in all the thick wedding attire. She was a wonderful person to work with. Only wanted traditional shots and centered as much as possible.

What I have learned: practice, practice, practice...learn camera better. Working for better lens. Be quicker on posing.

Although I my clothes were saturated with sweat, We both had a good time and she is very happy with the photos. I am not on most.

Attachments

• $image-43812396.jpg
    $image-43812396.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 99
  • $image-2322654965.jpg
    $image-2322654965.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 113
  • $image-1196343546.jpg
    $image-1196343546.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 101
  • $image-282790244.jpg
    $image-282790244.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 105
  • $image-3782652580.jpg
    $image-3782652580.jpg
    119 KB · Views: 109
  • $image-1786831415.jpg
    $image-1786831415.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 99
  • $image-2811799204.jpg
    $image-2811799204.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 93
It seems that your exposure, WB and framing are a bit all over the place. Some tilted horizons too. :meh:

I also find the locations distracting in numbers 2 and 3. The trees and the surrounding take away from the bride.

You shot from below her too much. NOT good on a heavier girl.
1. is very nice. Hides some weight.
2 does not flatter at all
3 has a major shadow problem, but this is MUCH more flattering
4 is really not very flattering and the whole composition is just awkward. The tilt of the bench, the positioning...
5 You should have some space between her arm and body to accentuate curve and hide weight. Plus shooting from below doesn't flatter her weight at all
6 would be a great shot if you were higher up.
7 the handle of that bouquet is not pretty, don't show it. The white vignette... It's... just... well white vignettes are kind of tacky in general
Your exposures are fairly good. 2 & 5 are a bit dark and 4 is a bit heavy on the contrast blowing the dress out and making the blacks uber black. I can't see the focus well at this size.

Skin tones are all over, exposures are all over, compostion is all over... ^^^Plus what was said before!

Your right I Need to go back and straighten a lot. It was so hot, and the poor girl was miserable that I barely had time shoot. I didn't care for the bouquet handle either, but she wanted it took. My mind knew to shoot down to reduce size, but she wanted one on the stairs with me looking up. I did explain to her that it would look better from me shoot down the stairs.

I agree with all of you. I need to practice with ISO more. I told her I was beginning photographer. She wanted the old look.

As for size she is fluffy and proud of it. Her words. I have photographed numerous fluffy women for boudoir shoots and been successful. I am going to have to think quicker on my feet, but I have to satisfy the customer, too.

I agree with the points made above, but on the good side, she's obviously a happy and confident person. It might be worth booking for a reshoot at a better time of day - I think you could do a LOT with this girl!

Can't reschedule a reshoot. Her wedding is on the 1st. She just needed a couple of pics for something. She works until 6 at night, and she had to take a vacation day to prep for this shoot. Yes, she was a wonderful person, and we had a great time shooting even in a heat wave. The pics where taken at the Old Mill, a stop on the Trail of tears. It is beautiful there, and most brides' want their photos, taken in center structures. Maybe too busy for majority of the photographers on here, but it is tradition in this area. Thanks everyone for their help and opinions:)

Your right I Need to go back and straighten a lot.

Pardon my harshness.... what you need to do is get it right in the camera the first time! That's the problem with photography these days - the "I can fix it later" mentality.

You have to pay attention to horizons, angles, and branches growing out of heads when you are rushed, just as much as when you aren't. Being rushed isn't an excuse.

Most reactions

Back