1st ever newborn session

rachelrach11

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Thanks to several super awesome people on this forum I made it thru my first ever newborn session today!

I'm sweaty, starving and saturated with pee! Much more work than I anticipated! I didn't have much space to work with but I tried to make the best of it.

I would like to edit the blue hands and such but I would love to hear your opinion.

Here are a few

$image-2056243632.jpg

$image-1427295339.jpg

Thanks to several super awesome people on this forum I made it thru my first ever newborn session today!

I'm sweaty, starving and saturated with pee! Much more work than I anticipated! I didn't have much space to work with but I tried to make the best of it.

I would like to edit the blue hands and such but I would love to hear your opinion.

Here are a few

Huh...you paint such a pretty picture for us!!! Lol....photographing studio sessions can be sweat-inducing...

How would I go about taking the blue out of JUST her hands?

Would love to hear feedback on what to improve on.......

I would try going to Selective Color, selecting the Magenta box, and then remove about 80 units of magenta...that makes the hands MUCH less purple-y. I think shot #2 has too much of that strong background on the left, and needs to be cropped closer. Same with #1....a wee bit too much background for maximum baby impact. Your mileage may vary, just my $.02.

Derrel said:
I would try going to Selective Color, selecting the Magenta box, and then remove about 80 units of magenta...that makes the hands MUCH less purple-y. I think shot #2 has too much of that strong background on the left, and needs to be cropped closer. Same with #1....a wee bit too much background for maximum baby impact. Your mileage may vary, just my $.02.

Thanks ! Although I wish I would have read your response sooner ( about the adjustment ). I tried editing it with lasso in elements and caused a mess! Photoshop is going to be a completely other ball game for me!!!

rachelrach11 said:
Thanks ! Although I wish I would have read your response sooner ( about the adjustment ). I tried editing it with lasso in elements and caused a mess! Photoshop is going to be a completely other ball game for me!!!

Use layers. The hand will be the hardest but you can probably paint the hand and reduce opacity till you see the texture. There's a few ways to go about it.

Well, now you know why newborn sessions are so expensive! LOL!
So far it looks great! She's getting deflated down into the blanket thing.

Wanted to share another photo that I took of miss Mackenzie. C & C very very much welcome and appreciated !!

$image-3864188259.jpg

Most reactions

Back