1ST hdr - C&C Please ! am I on the right track?

zendianah

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.zenphotos.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I know that this isnt Woodsac or NJ but I wanted to give it a go. I think that I will try it on a different subject later and see. But here is my VERY first attempt. I used Photomatix and PS.

23831228yq4.jpg

Teehee :D ... this is a nice one to start out with, too!
Now is this "real HDR" or "un-real HDR", i.e. tone mapping with ONE RAW-file and three or five or so different exposure settings?

And with this photo, cartoonish as it is to begin with, I would even think a very cartoonish way of making it come out could work. Though whenever I have played with my free version of Photomatix, I have never gone as far in the tone mapping as to create these cartoon style "pseudo"-HDRs.

I followed Woodsacs tutorial. 3 different exposures. So I believe its real HDR? I'm going to try it again on a different picture not cartoonish. :)

Three exposures! Cool. That is better than what I have ever tried. Which is not quite true, I did try to set up the camera back in winter times to get three different exposures ... I am sure my attempts to create some TRUE HDRs are still somewhere in the BLOOPERS, though. Flimsy tripod ... grrr! :grumpy: (Oh well, the thread is still there, but the photos have gone ... better!)

Most reactions

Back