Reaction score
Website
www.whitesharkphoto.com
Woohooo, I'm officially a professional photographer! :D :D :thumbsup: :cheer:

Here are a couple photos from some senior portraits I shot tonight. :D

IMG_1059_edited_BW_RS.jpg

IMG_1039_edited_RS.jpg

IMG_1033_edited.jpg

And what I think is by far the best, possibly one of the best photos I've ever made...
IMG_0991_edited_RS.jpg

wow shark, that last one really stands out from the rest, I bet he will be REALLY happy with it. Congrats on going pro! :D

Great job!!! The last shot is an excellent moment. Matt (Dowdey) spoke of going to the dark side by switching to digital exposures. For me the dark side is going pro. With any kind of luck you will not find out what I mean. Like all professions there are pluses and minuses.

That being said; you must be proud. Did you quit your other job (teacher?) are you working for a studio, or doing the photography alone? We can not wait to hear the details

You are right to be proud of that last one: it just looks like perfection. The unique angle, the catchlights, the lovely texture - this portrait is the shizzit, John. :thumbsup: I hope you charged a lot! :wink:

Expect referrals from that shoot, babe. If that's what you're after then I am thrilled for you! :cheer:

Nice job! Honestly, though...I don't know if I like the last or the first better. You captured a nice moment in the first one!

These are great John! I love working with Seniors, they are a lot of fun and somehow they go from looking young to pretty adult when you look at the shots afterwards. I love that last shot, his eyes really stand out.

The last one really stands out. Congrats!

craig said:
That being said; you must be proud. Did you quit your other job (teacher?) are you working for a studio, or doing the photography alone? We can not wait to hear the details

I'm very proud of myself. :D No, I wish I could do photography full time--this is just an evenings-and-weekends-and-summer-break sort of thing right now. Maybe in 10 or 15 years I'll be able to open a studio or something, but that's waaaaaaaay off in the distance at the moment. For now, I'm just happy to be offsetting a little part of my equipment costs. :-D :thumbsup:

I emailed the mom with the URL for where these shots are stored on my website, and here's what she had to say:

THESE ARE GREAT!!!! I'm soooooooo excited! You did a fantastic job! Thanks so much - My son said later last night that it wasn't as bad as he thought it might be -- so I'd say that was a huge compliment to you. Let me know what we need to do from here - thanks for the early sharing!!

:goodvibe: :goodvibe: :goodvibe:

Most reactions

Back