1st pic please need feedback

photonewbie86

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey all I took this picture awhile ago but like I said in my previous thread I'm just a beginner but I really like this picture so I thought I would get more experienced opinions on it or anyone that just has something to say about it thanks all :D

PICT0018.jpg

I am completely new to photography so don't take anything I say too seriously...I really like the sky in this pic, but the flag...that is a flag right? If it were maybe at a different angle so you could tell what it was exactly. It's kind of just like a big blurry object in the center of the photo and takes my attention off of the good parts. Like I said I have no idea what I'm talking about...just my opinion.

I appreciate your opinion Nicolek I will have to comment on your photos which are great btw :D thx again

C&C per req:

Some good, some room for improvement. The good: Excellent use of the flag pole as a leading line to take your eye to the subject (The flag). The not so good: The flag. Nicolek is spot on with comment; To make this image work, you really need to be able to see more of the flag. The best photographs are ones where you don't have to work to figure out what you're seeing. Unfortunately, given the way flags are normally attached, getting a better angle would be tough. That said, it's a clever idea, and a good composition. As well, much greater depth of field is required to pull of an image like this. you want the pole in focus all the way up to and including the flag. You might even have to sacrifice some foreground sharpness, but remember the subject should always be the centre of focus.

Just my $00.02 worth - your mileage may vary.

~John

I like the angle and the approach. I would try to open your aperature to somewhere around f11-f15 to try to get more of the flag and the flagpole in focus. Other than that its good

Most reactions

Back