1st pics w/ Topcon and Canon AE-1

TonyG

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So I went out today and took my fist pics with the cameras not knowing anything about the settings or what anything means ( will learn soon) I was just anxious.

-T

ok...should I just post them all in a reply or what?.......or is there a place where I can make an album and everyone can view them?

ok...should I just post them all in a reply or what?.......or is there a place where I can make an album and everyone can view them?

In reply or thread post

Here is an explination of how to post images on TPF if you need it.

Posting links to blogs and the like in that manor are not allowed, it is considered pimping your blog.

As far as making an album, TPF suscribers have use of a gallery to make an album for everyone to view them, however I don't know much about how it works. I do not have one because I use the one on the site I administrate for that.

oh ...ok...well just so they know I am not "pimpin" anything....not getting a cut or any money for it..lol....ok i'll load them to photobucket them past the image in here.......thanks PIMP..haha

Canon AE-1

54210040.jpg

54210028.jpg

54210027.jpg

54210021.jpg

yeah me too....those are my favorites...thank you

Well, Tony, I feel you have uploaded somewhat too many photos at once now, it's next to impossible to really give you good, helpful comments on the individual photo like this, made even harder by the fact that you have posted these many but have not given them numbers.

My overall impression of the colour photos is that they are very very pale, clearly lacking in shadow values and contrasts in general. Though the highlights in many of them are too prominent, suggesting that you overexposed.

Composition of your subjects is another thing that strikes me as "asking for further guidance", since many photos seem like "motif spotted - camera pointed - photo shot". No visible planning as to your framing, with either things cut off (tail of lion, back of chair) or left in the frame, little attention given to backgrounds, then I see focussing issues ... there is so much to say really, but there are just too many photos there to point things out well. Sorry.

In addition to limmiting the sheer number of images in one post, it would be much easier if you could restrict them to 800X600px or close to it in size. Doing that viewers can look over the entire photo with out scrolling around. This can be set to be done automadically in PB. We can worry about showing full sized images later.

For the time being, lets sideline everything but the AE-1. It would appear that the meter in the Topcon is either difficult to read or not working, I don't know the camera so I don't even know if it has one but...

The Shots with the AE-1 are much closer to properly exposed but you have some practicing to do with the MF. It is a lot better than the Digital pics you posted before so don't loose hope. Use the focusing aids the camera has (that is the ring in the center of the viewer, it should be split in two. when that ring is perfectly aligned you are focused. Don't rely on the clarity in the rest of the viewer it can be inaccurate, focus with only the center ring for now.

thanks for the comments, I dont know really what you guys mean..I just went out and took pics...I am gonna read up more about things you said so I can understand. I have no idea about all the buttons on the camera...will learn though and next time I will post smaller and not so many pics

I thought the composition was pretty good for someone who claims ignorance.:)

True though about the color pics. They look like they were taken through a mist or something. Which one did you use on these, the Topcon or the Canon?

the color photos were taken with the Topcon, the black/whites with the AE-1. I didnt change any setting on the cameras, I just loaded the film and then tried to focus and then shoot...just to see how the pics would look so I had somewhere to start from

Thats actuaually what i was thinking too in reguards to the color pics. The b+w look much more crips and the color all look like they would have come from the same camera/roll of film.

Edit: just a little late

the color photos were taken with the Topcon, the black/whites with the AE-1. I didnt change any setting on the cameras, I just loaded the film and then tried to focus and then shoot...just to see how the pics would look so I had somewhere to start from

At my earliest convieniance I will build you a pictoral guide on how to use the Focusing aids and the Meter on the AE-1

Most reactions

New Topics

Back