What's new

2 Problems-Photo Bucket & e-mail

tom beard

TPF Noob!
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
175
Reaction score
5
Location
So. Cal mountains east of LA
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I wanted to post a photo on the sight, and found out I had to go through a third party. There are instructions for Photo Bucket so I signed up and uploaded about twenty frames. I got a funny feeling about all the advertisements but tried to post a frame. It confused me so I just signed up with Photo-Forum, as it's much easier. Since I've gotten a couple of grand worth schooling from the Forum anyway, It's a bargain. I took another look at Photo Bucket and I already had three emails and figured out that it is a Spam Scam, so I deleted everything and sent them an assertive email about deleting me. The next day I got a phone call trying to sell me an electric wheel chair! I told them to wheel it to where the sun don't shine, and have not been bothered since. The Question is, is it a Spam Scam or am I over reacting?

The second problem is with my email. I have Verizon. I went with them because I have my Internet and phone service with them. I tried to email a friend five pictures (jpeg) I shot of him and it says "the file is too big, and can't be sent". I called Verizon and they told me that I could only attach one photo per email. WHAT!? I had another email service some time ago, and don't remember having any problems. Is there any email service out there, preferably free (I'm saving for my new dslr), or at least cheap? It seems to me that people who use this forum often send a lot of frames in one email. Am I out of line? Any advice?

Thanks as usual, Tom Beard
 
Last edited:
I've never been spammed by photo bucket so I'm can't comment on that..

As for emails.. there's plenty out there that should allow you to attach multiple documents. I have accounts with gmail and yahoo and they work fine.
 
i dont have any probs with photobucket either. they are suppose to be spam free. as far as email try gmail. as long as your not sending 35 meg tiffs it works fine.
 
I've never had any problem with photobucket. I have aol and they allow you to send 12 photos per email, I would imagine even more if I chose to send them as attachments.
 
Photo Bucket and Photobucket aren't the same web site.


I may have stumbled onto the wrong website. I withdraw my rant about getting spamed. It probably came from something else I clicked on. You guys always steer me straight, not to mention running along side my train and throwing all the stuff that rattles off back on.
Tom B
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom