2 random shots (sky and thermometer) C&C

Ernie83Metal

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
fb99a4bf4ebe4777a59b031ea8cae0fe

I didnt really have much time to shoot this photo since the teacher I have is really strict...

41db9ab134fa4e1fa8ae07d96c3cab7a

again.. didn't have much time to take this picture, this time since it started raining and i had to get off the roof..

First of all, I'd recommend reducing the size of the images before posting. I can load them just fine, but there's no reason to post an image more than around 1000 pixels across at the widest. I think there's a recommended (or required?) maximum size also, so keep that in mind.

The thermometer shot is interesting. Not bad. I like the composition, and it's an interesting subject. The biggest problem I can see is the amount of noise in the shot. What ISO were you using? I'd recommend using a lower ISO and trying again. The DoF is extremely narrow also. Some people might like this, others might not. I'm honestly not too sure how I feel about it, but it's something to keep in mind.

As for the sunset, I like the composition. Most newer photographers tend to put the horizon right in the middle of the frame. You managed to put it lower to accentuate the subject (the sky) of the shot. I actually like the ominous feeling I get with this shot with the clouds rolling in above, and a nearly clear sky below. It makes for a neat shot. I am guessing you weren't using a tripod. It's nearly impossible to take a good sunset without a tripod. There's some serious camera shake, and unfortunately, it turns what could have been a great shot into a snapshot. A tripod was one of the best accessory purchases I ever made, and I would pick one up before getting almost anything else besides maybe an extra battery. Also, I can't tell for sure, but it feels to me like the horizon is leaning a bit to the left.

First of all, I'd recommend reducing the size of the images before posting. I can load them just fine, but there's no reason to post an image more than around 1000 pixels across at the widest. I think there's a recommended (or required?) maximum size also, so keep that in mind.

The thermometer shot is interesting. Not bad. I like the composition, and it's an interesting subject. The biggest problem I can see is the amount of noise in the shot. What ISO were you using? I'd recommend using a lower ISO and trying again. The DoF is extremely narrow also. Some people might like this, others might not. I'm honestly not too sure how I feel about it, but it's something to keep in mind.

As for the sunset, I like the composition. Most newer photographers tend to put the horizon right in the middle of the frame. You managed to put it lower to accentuate the subject (the sky) of the shot. I actually like the ominous feeling I get with this shot with the clouds rolling in above, and a nearly clear sky below. It makes for a neat shot. I am guessing you weren't using a tripod. It's nearly impossible to take a good sunset without a tripod. There's some serious camera shake, and unfortunately, it turns what could have been a great shot into a snapshot. A tripod was one of the best accessory purchases I ever made, and I would pick one up before getting almost anything else besides maybe an extra battery. Also, I can't tell for sure, but it feels to me like the horizon is leaning a bit to the left.

Thanks for commenting C:
yeah I forgot to resize the picture sorry about that

I believe I was using an ISO of 800? I'll keep in mind the ISO settings to C:

I dont own a tripod at the moment but for sure I'll be getting one soon. thanks for the tips and critique again C:

Most reactions

Back