2 Self Portraits C&C

TJ K

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hey guys! Got bored tonight so i took a couple shots. I liked these two. These are just for fun. I mostly wanted to mess around with editing and do some more dramatic curves and stuff. Thanks!

Please tell me which edit you like more:

936285411_xaqsP-L.jpg

936286135_Kdd26-L.jpg

TJ

Last edited:
The first photo does nothing for me.

I like the feeling the color shot evokes in the guitar shot. It seems more honest to me-- the black and white doesn't have enough contrast or something-- it seems to be all in the same shade to me. It could just be my tired eyes. :)

I am glad I'm not the only one who takes self ports while bored, haha.

They smell of MySpace.

They smell of MySpace.

Does anyone do that anymore?!!

It's on facebook! :lmao: well the 1st one atleast. These were for fun and the goal was accomplished ha. I was also trying out some different editing, some more extreme, dramatic stuff, i'm usually a little touch up in LR/PS and upload.
TJ

A little too dark for me..maybe change up the angle..off to the side a bit? I think with the camera pointed straight at the rear corner edge of the guitar (45 degrees from where it is now) would make a cool picture..long as you can still have the solid background.

I like both equally. Would be great for a CD cover.

I would personally take one in portrait format. Zoom out more so you show the entire body. One foot up against the wall. Then you have a really cool pic

I really like how warm the second edit looks. Looks great to me!

I prefer the cool monochrome tones of the first shot. I thiunk there's too much dead space at the top and the upper right,and along the right side,and think that a bit of cropping would strengthen the shot. I do not like the compressed lower values in the color shot...it "drops off" too rapidly for my taste.

I prefer the cool monochrome tones of the first shot. I thiunk there's too much dead space at the top and the upper right,and along the right side,and think that a bit of cropping would strengthen the shot. I do not like the compressed lower values in the color shot...it "drops off" too rapidly for my taste.

I did a little crop and bumped the contrast and some reds in the B&W.

936958129_GQuRn-L.jpg

TJ

Most reactions

Back