2 toddlers

butterflygirl - hi. for the eyes in most of my pp - I do zoom into the eye very close and run the sharpen tool over the iris at a very light pressure then back out and then i add a defog (unsharp mask, usually about 20,40,1 or so) except in the case of the black and white - i did a stronger one of 40,60,1. It doesnt work if the eyes are even a littel OOF it will just make them look like caca. haha. Except in the case of these I think this particular child has so many details and flecks in her eyes that I may need to change that workflow a bit for her. Thanks for the comments. I did get lucky with those catchlight. A house to our left, woods to the right and a house behind me with a cool peak on the roof that made that semicircle catchlight. :)

JJM - I just tried that effect on a previous photo I had taken its really nice. I have another question for you. when you apply the defog/unsharp mask do you do it to the whole photo or just the eye?

Thanks again for sharing.

Los Angeles, hi. I do the degof (USM) on the whole photo after sharpening is finished. Hope that works out nice for you. :)

JJM Thanks

http://www.flickr.com/photos/25076757@N03/2423362779/

2423362779_7a8af8e95d.jpg

Hey I was hoping you woudl show me the pic you were working on. Glad to help. :)

Most reactions

Back