What's new

2005 Lamborghini Gallardo : Interesting Perspective

TheoGraphics

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Jul 6, 2011
Messages
392
Reaction score
202
Location
Houston, Texas
this is a re-edit from a set a few months back. i thought the original photo was super boring and could be way more interesting if manipulated a bit. i really like the way it turned out!

here's the before shot.

Lambo-Above-XL.jpg


and the new shot:

2005-Lamborghini-Gallardo-Theo.jpg
 
1. Clean, VERY clean edit.
2. Amazing car
3. Amazing shot.

That is all.
 
The windows look completely fake, presumably because they are, and you smoothed away most of the reflections on the body as well. It looks like a not very good render at this point.
 
The windows look completely fake, presumably because they are, and you smoothed away most of the reflections on the body as well. It looks like a not very good render at this point.

thanks for your CC! while i do wish that i was able to keep more of the details of the dash, i disagree with you on the windows. as for the reflections, they were eliminated from the hood, only because they were distracting and wouldn't match the new BG. the rest of the car was left as-is; no reflections were "smoothed away". i think that there are more than enough highlights to keep it from looking flat. i don't think that keeping the busy reflections on the hood would have helped the image at all.

with that said, here is a new edit with the original brick left in place, just touched up a bit. which do yall prefer?

Lambo-Above-Studio-new-edit-X2.jpg
 
I like the brick better. I'd remove that advancing light curve as much as possible. Light advances, dark recedes. My eye goes up to that.

I'd also like to see the windows look more realistic. I'd rather see some sort of reflection than just fake black mono-color windows. You could sample the clean part of the real reflection and clone it in.

It does look like you're aiming for perfection here. I like what you've done so far, but there's room for improvement.
 
The edit is awesome.
I don't want to shoot a countach. I want to drive one... like I stole it. Which I probably will have to in order to drive one!
 
This may sound really dumb, but for some reason, my favorite part of this is the layer effects on your watermark. That hard drop shadow makes it pop against the background.

Car is great too obviously. I really like the re-edit. Nice work as usual, Theo.
 
The edit is awesome.
I don't want to shoot a countach. I want to drive one... like I stole it. Which I probably will have to in order to drive one!

You can borrow mine if you like!
 
Now it looks like a video game render pasted (beautifully) onto a brick driveway.

I get that you worked your ass off on it, and that there's a lot to love in it technically. But the result is that you've removed all the "photograph" from it and turned it into a fake-looking video game artifact.
 
wow...like magic! Great edit
 
I don't like the fake, flat-black looking windows. Looks like someone spray painted them. I prefer the brick background of the second edit, and you left the yellow closer to the original picture. The first edit, the yellow was obviously tinkered with and doesn't pop as much.
 
I'm not the strongest photoshopper, not even close...but I would love to know how you went from the original to either of the two edits. Obviously not into extreme detail, but that is pretty impressive, IMO...
 
Thanks for the tips, everyone! I'll take them all into account as I go over the edit once again.


I'm not the strongest photoshopper, not even close...but I would love to know how you went from the original to either of the two edits. Obviously not into extreme detail, but that is pretty impressive, IMO...

I'm actually putting together a video of my processing right now. I will probably posted on my blog early next week. I'll post the link up here once I finish it!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom