2010 Canon Rebel T2i

Also, why should I make the jump from a point and shoot to something like this?

If you don't know the answer to this question already... I recommend you *don't* make that jump......

I still agree with this.. :lol:

To the OP google is a great tool, while we here can answer questions for you it is better to use google for most of your searches. The reason? Google is faster, easier, and gives you more complete information.

Also if you ask many questions on topics that could easily be yielded by google searches many will just ignore your threads.

Let me google that for you

Let me google that for you

One final note:

As far as video goes, the T2i delivers 7D quality video at half the price. 1080p at 30 fps?! I have several friends who are into the whole video editing/film stuff, and they're all out to buy a T2i.

Of course, you aren't going to be shooting the Lord of the Rings with a T2i, but it'll be great if you want to mess around with short videos.

My friend edited this music video, and it was shot with a T2i. Just showing you what it can do, even in the hands of people without tons of money for expensive camera setups.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWmcfE2Oo9c[/ame]

(don't forget to play it at 720p)

I was at a photography seminar the other week, & spoke with a B & H rep about the differenence between the 7D & the T2i. She recommended the T2i over the 7D because it was so close in features & was much less in the price tag. I myself have not done a complete comparison yet, but thought i would throw that info out to you. Sounds like a very good camera. Good luck!

I always owned a point and shoot for just family photos but never really dove into photography with it. The biggest problem with it was the shutter lag. Granted this was not a top of the line Canon or Nikon P&S, but it was a $200 dollar Sony with 10mp. I decided I wanted to get into photography and wanted more control and speed when shooting. I could afford an SLR at the time ( which basically means I begged and pleaded to my wife ) so I bought one. I originally got an XS. When a great deal on a T1i came up, I gave the XS to my wife and bought the T1i.

I say, if you can afford an SLR, and some money for a few decent lenses, go for it. Just be sure that this is something you want to learn. You can grow into the camera. Thats why they all have generic auto functions so that you can start at your own pace. I think the T2i ( from what I heard, and based on how much I like the T1i for its price ) is an excellent camera and it would take you a while to outgrow it.

I was at a photography seminar the other week, & spoke with a B & H rep about the differenence between the 7D & the T2i. She recommended the T2i over the 7D because it was so close in features & was much less in the price tag. I myself have not done a complete comparison yet, but thought i would throw that info out to you. Sounds like a very good camera. Good luck!

This is a pretty good read on the comparison:

Canon EOS Rebel T2i Review

I'm not a pro but I have shot with a Nikon D80 and now have a Nikon D5000. Every store I got to in Greater Vancouver, Canada cant keep a good stock of any of the Nikon DSLRs. When I inquired about this trend they say that they have a great response from Nikon for quality and easy to use features. A friend of mine shoots for Canadian Biker Magazine and many english motorcycle magazines and he uses Nikon. When I was strolling around the local store camera section in the last couple months there were a lot of people bringing back there Canon's for many reasons.

I hope I helped you. Just do your research. I haven't been disappointed with my Nikon. Cheers

I bought a Canon T2i in mid-March and so far have been happy with it. This is my first DSLR. You can pop by my blog to see photos taken with it. Keep in mind that I'm still posting shots from my old p & s too. If you visit my site, just look at the blog categories list to see which camera was used.

My biggest fear was size and complexity. Turns out for me both were non-issues. I went with a quality lens and the battery grip and the camera still feels quite compact. As for the controls and menus and such, I was surprised at how easy it was to figure out. Of course, I not only read the manual but bought and am reading a third-party book on the T1i (books on the T2i have yet to be released). By the time I actually made the purchase I'd already invested months into learning about aperture, shutter speeds, ISO, exposure compensation and so on, so much of it seemed pretty familiar to me.

One sour note: I just returned the camera to Canon under warranty because of dust on the sensor. The tech at the camera store said the dust appeared to be under the filter, on top of the sensor, and for that reason he recommended it get sent back. Now I'm without for the next three weeks. But this could have happened with any camera make and was probably my fault for not being more careful while changing lenses.

My recommendation is to read as much as you can on photography and once you feel you have a good understanding, then you'll probably be happy with any DSLR you buy.

Most reactions

Back