What's new

2011 Toronto Autoshow

c.a.r.

TPF Noob!
Joined
Feb 23, 2011
Messages
14
Reaction score
0
Location
Whitby, Ontario
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
these are from the first day i really used my camera, i figures it was a good place to practice. My friend had a fisheye that i got to use as well. so C&C are welcome. and i was having a hard time getting a good photo of the orange lambo so anytips would be great.

IMG_0239.jpg


IMG_0200.jpg


IMG_0153.jpg


IMG_0122.jpg


IMG_0102.jpg


IMG_0086.jpg


_MG_0217.jpg


_MG_0213.jpg


_MG_0194.jpg


_MG_0179.jpg


_MG_0178.jpg


_MG_0125.jpg


_MG_0118.jpg


_MG_0094.jpg
 
TBH, a lot of these photos aren't that good mainly due to bad composition
 
thats fair, honestly i have had this camera for a little over a week, and these were my first shots, prior to that i have never done any photography. so i really am a complete noob.
 
I dont see the point in using the fisheye, other than the "oh look at the effect" feel to it.

The rest are just snapshots really. Composition is off, exposure is off. I know, I know, you are new.

I'd suggest reading up on the basics of photography, aperture, iso, shutter, learn to shoot basic well composed images - leading lines, rule of thirds and so on.

Enjoy, it's a fun (and expensive!!) hobby
 
for example in the third pic you have the ferrari onto the side but part of it is cut out, with a space on the right wasted on something that isn't important at all. Then in the last two pictures you could have positioned yourself so that you wouldn't get the people in the frame.
 
for example in the third pic you have the ferrari onto the side but part of it is cut out, with a space on the right wasted on something that isn't important at all. Then in the last two pictures you could have positioned yourself so that you wouldn't get the people in the frame.
i agree with everything, except getting people out of the shot, they would literally stand and lean on the car, or walk infront of your shot. everyone at the autoshow that had a camera was having a hard time with that unless the car was on its own display. but i understand what you are saying, and thank you.
 
I dont see the point in using the fisheye, other than the "oh look at the effect" feel to it.

The rest are just snapshots really. Composition is off, exposure is off. I know, I know, you are new.

I'd suggest reading up on the basics of photography, aperture, iso, shutter, learn to shoot basic well composed images - leading lines, rule of thirds and so on.

Enjoy, it's a fun (and expensive!!) hobby
yea i will look up the basics, thanx. and i kno i have been having problems with exposure especially, and i've been getting better with composition i think lol
 
I was referring to the person standing on the left in the 2nd to last pic, and the person standing on the right in the last pic. Sorry I wasn't really clear.
 
Look up the book "Understanding Exposure" by Bryan Peterson. Very easy read, explains the basics in understandable terms. Great starter for anyone, highly recommended
 
I liked the fourth image and that orange one with darkness as backdrop.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom