=)

mostly sunny

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I went today to buy a wireless remote for my camera-- Why, oh, I have no idea.. I "thought" I needed it. Anyways, while I felt that it was a little over priced-89.99 the man did help me with my camera. Something I did and couldn't get back the way it was.. then he said to come back in Sunday.. He would be happy to help me understand and use my camera-

I'll be honest. With customer service like that.. I will now purchase what I need from hooper camera.

= ) :mrgreen:

There is a local camera store here too, which I like because I can go in and ask questions, I get my prints from there, but equipment is so expensive, I just can not bring myself to buy major purchases from them.
Case in Point, they are selling the NikonD3000 for 599.99, best buy has it at 499.99. The 55-200mm lens they are charging like 519! WTF? Really? Best Buy had it for 250.
But they get my money with prints so I don't feel bad asking questions while I'm in there.... even though I go on Tuesdays when they have 10 cent prints!

There is a local camera store here too, which I like because I can go in and ask questions, I get my prints from there, but equipment is so expensive, I just can not bring myself to buy major purchases from them.
Case in Point, they are selling the NikonD3000 for 599.99, best buy has it at 499.99. The 55-200mm lens they are charging like 519! WTF? Really? Best Buy had it for 250.
But they get my money with prints so I don't feel bad asking questions while I'm in there.... even though I go on Tuesdays when they have 10 cent prints!

I have found this to be true around her as well, but only on electronic equipment. Other things such as light stands, umbrellas, frames, and prints they are very competitive on. If they are close in price, they get my business. And yes, it is nice to go in a BS with them for a short while while my prints are printing.

p!nK

89 bucks for a wireless remote? Seriously? I got mine for 20 bucks at the local camera shop and its the name brand nikon one.

I'd never pay 90 bucks for a remote. Sorry.

I went today to buy a wireless remote for my camera-- Why, oh, I have no idea.. I "thought" I needed it. Anyways, while I felt that it was a little over priced-89.99 the man did help me with my camera. Something I did and couldn't get back the way it was.. then he said to come back in Sunday.. He would be happy to help me understand and use my camera-

I'll be honest. With customer service like that.. I will now purchase what I need from hooper camera.

= ) :mrgreen:

I think he was hitting on you. :lol: If he asks you to come over and check out his darkroom, just say no.

I got one of these for my T1i and it seems to be decent although I haven't used it much yet.

http://www.adorama.com/Als/ProductPage/CZDR5DR.html

Hitting on me.. Well he must be VERY brave. I had my two kids running around not listening to me.

I also broke the disk that came with my camera- Don't laugh. For some reason I carry EVERYTHING in my camera bag.. oops. I figured I could just get download it from the website. He told me to bring my laptop in and he would load it on my computer for me.. = ) I thought he was super friendly.. but he has a wedding ring on. I figured would go in and take my dads camera with me to have it cleaned. It's like 6 years old and he has never had it cleaned. He is going on holiday in a few weeks. $49.99, is that a high price?

I don't feel like I got ripped off on my remote. I had priced it and knew it was a little high. I was just happy to know there is a neighborhood place that I can go to if I have questions.

89 bucks for a wireless remote? Seriously? I got mine for 20 bucks at the local camera shop and its the name brand nikon one.

I'd never pay 90 bucks for a remote. Sorry.

With the business I am in I never complain about price. If I don't like the price I go elsewhere. I deal all day long with people complaining about price. I don't complain.. I either like the price, or I don't.. If not.. I go to another play. Plus, I work for my "Mom and Pop" kind of place. I don't mind giving the locals business. If they close, I don't have a place to go to when I really need something fast. = )

ps

Maybe I support more Mom and Pop kind of places cause the Mom and Pop I work for is my parents.. They have been in business since 1948, when my Grandfather started it.

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back