24-70 f2.8?

I've decided to take your advice and build a collection of primes. I think in the long run they'll make me a better photographer. Then, when business picks up, get the zooms...

Why not just stick with the primes?

I've decided to take your advice and build a collection of primes. I think in the long run they'll make me a better photographer. Then, when business picks up, get the zooms...

Why not just stick with the primes?

Easier to carry one lens on stage rather than 4 or 5. But... You Do what you gotta do. I might actually bypass the 24-70 and go for the 70-200

Easier to carry one lens on stage rather than 4 or 5. But... You Do what you gotta do. I might actually bypass the 24-70 and go for the 70-200

Good idea. Primes have more visual impact IMO until you get to the longer constant max aperture zooms like the 70-200.

You could always finance one from bestbuy with free interest for 18 months :lol:

You could always finance one from bestbuy with free interest for 18 months :lol:

Best buy doesn't have the lens... I was thinking of financing it for six months no interest at b&h or Adorama though... Just can't convince the wife yet :)

Bestbuy will gladly order it for you, charge the tax on it (but expert advice will come from the floor salesman to compensate for the higher pricing)
bigthumb.gif

Best buy doesn't have the lens... I was thinking of financing it for six months no interest at b&h or Adorama though... Just can't convince the wife yet :)

Bestbuy will gladly order it for you, charge the tax on it (but expert advice will come from the floor salesman to compensate for the higher pricing)
bigthumb.gif

You can price match with them I believe.

bigthumb.gif

Indeed they will match price, but taxes will be charged in addition (unlike amazon or BHPHOTO). I've been there with them and their cool experts.

The guys a BB know jack about cameras there. They'd let you buy a DX lens for an FX body. And the guy there told me that the SB-700 is Nikon's top of the line professional flashgun. I told him, no buddy, the 910 is their pro flash. He looked at me like I was lying and said "oh I never heard of that one." Hahahaha!!!

bigthumb.gif

Indeed they will match price, but taxes will be charged in addition (unlike amazon or BHPHOTO). I've been there with them and their cool experts.

BHPhoto & amazon charge tax for NYers.

Comes to $2046 after tax @ BH.

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back