2410 or 2412

EchoingWhisper

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Would you have Dell 2410 or 2412? I'm buying a new monitor for photo editing. The 2412 is 6 bit FYI.

2410, but keep in mind that it won't let you change color settings in sRGB mode.

Typically on the monitor, you can change R G B parameters in case you try to use an external colorimeter and calibrate the displays colors. But if you decide to run 2410 in sRGB color palette, it won't let you change those RGB values any longer. But I think you should still get 2410 because it has better colors and that's what matters for photography more.

Searched online but I couldn't find anyone complaining. Or should I buy the Asus equivalent which have the same panel?

Yes, both have IPS panels. One is 8 bit while the other is 6 bit.

Changing R G B values when you calibrate the monitor for photography. Althought I believe it won't let you chnage those in sRGB mode because sRGB has been pre programmed at the factory, so you can't make R G B ajustments to sRGB color space.

2410. Though both are technically IPS, the 2412 is a different technology, E-IPS vs.S-IPS. It desn't have near the gamut, viewing angle, or even illumination of the 2410. The 2412 has a high dynamic contrast ratio which it gets by darkening already dark images and brightening already bright images. Not the ki d of thing you want for photo editing. Tweaktown at Dell UltraSharp U2412M 24-inch LCD Monitor Review :: TweakTown USA Edition has a good review of it, the 2410, and a comparison of the two

Most reactions

New Topics

Back