2nd shooting Price

...Second shooting for $300 is a sweet deal because it's cake work. Barely any responsibility with all the fun of shooting.
If you also do weddings yourself, you know what's involved in putting a wedding shoot together, and the liabilities/responsibilities you take on to do them.

My advice? Take the $300 whatever your getting to second shoot in your spare time and be happy.
This! If I could get a gig as a perma-second-shooter for $300/day with no processing I'd be all over it like a FOG!

Yep. A tried and true negotiating tactic I too learned way back when I first got into sales.

Whereas any salesman that tried that crap with me I'd just get up and walk away from. Never saw any deal that was worth playing those kind of games over myself. Guess I'm just funny that way.
What in the world do you think the salesman should say?The last thing I always said as I offered a pen was, "Sign here and we'll get the paperwork started."

Once the offer is presented the ball is in the customers court. - commit and sign, or negotiate by making a counter offer.

I would venture an educated guess that you often over pay for price negotiable items.

Yep. A tried and true negotiating tactic I too learned way back when I first got into sales.

Whereas any salesman that tried that crap with me I'd just get up and walk away from. Never saw any deal that was worth playing those kind of games over myself. Guess I'm just funny that way.
What in the world do you think the salesman should say?The last thing I always said as I offered a pen was, "Sign here and we'll get the paperwork started."

Once the offer is presented the ball is in the customers court. - commit and sign, or negotiate by making a counter offer.

I would venture an educated guess that you often over pay for price negotiable items.
So you base the idea that I pay too much for negotiated goods on the fact that I'd be the guy who wouldn't sign when you started playing games in an effort to sell me?

Lol.. Ok, sure.

Sent from my N9518 using Tapatalk

I pay my seconds $25/hr., but they use my equipment. If someone had their own gear, I'd probably top out at $35/hr. We have the option to actually pay for a second photographer (otherwise they are not guaranteed one), in which case that whole fee goes to the second. Yeah, our studio is getting a few grand per wedding, but it's not like we just stuff that in our pockets. It pays for a lot of different things, including myself as the owner of the business. Gear, rent and utilities, computers and software, professional fees for lawyers and accountants, etc.

The amount any professional charges should have been calculated according to the costs of running the business--including paying themselves a wage to match or slightly exceed the cost of living. Assuming your employer has accounted for a second shooter in that calculation, it's probably a fixed amount per package or hour. Suddenly asking for another $25/hr. and not budging on it is probably a good way to get canned. Unless you are an incredible photographer.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back