3 Minutes From Sunset | Long Exposure

Another shot from my adventure last night out to Shark Tooth Beach, near Santa Cruz CA. I was out to get a shot for Week 48 of my 52 Weeks Project. Turns out, I got two! This one was a 3 minute exposure just after the sun dipped below the horizon to really showcase the colors that were on display.

Hope you like it, and feel free to check out the other image in the link!
Austin

Taken with:
Canon 6D
Canon 17-40 f/4L
Lee Big Stopper
Lee .9GND Soft

3 Minutes From Sunset
by TogaLive, on Flickr

I shoot here often. The older Portuguese fishermen who taught me the coastline call this Smuggler's Cove due to the tunnel carved through the rock...I've never made it all the way to the end of that tunnel, have you?

Nicely done, I usually shoot models here due to the lack of crowds and relative decency of the people who do make it down.

.......... I'm not sure what you mean by a selective mask on the green, it was just raised in lightroom and dodged a bit up.
I mean, did you select just that area to raise it, or was it the entire image you raised? Hmmmmm...... I'm not very good at the lingo yet........... with the adjustment brush, you can choose ONLY the green area to work on. "Selective". Or not, and every adjustment you make is applied to the "entire" image, not just to the selected area. I hope that makes better sense.

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk Pro

Another shot from my adventure last night out to Shark Tooth Beach, near Santa Cruz CA. I was out to get a shot for Week 48 of my 52 Weeks Project. Turns out, I got two! This one was a 3 minute exposure just after the sun dipped below the horizon to really showcase the colors that were on display.

Hope you like it, and feel free to check out the other image in the link!
Austin

Taken with:
Canon 6D
Canon 17-40 f/4L
Lee Big Stopper
Lee .9GND Soft

3 Minutes From Sunset
by TogaLive, on Flickr

I shoot here often. The older Portuguese fishermen who taught me the coastline call this Smuggler's Cove due to the tunnel carved through the rock...I've never made it all the way to the end of that tunnel, have you?

Nicely done, I usually shoot models here due to the lack of crowds and relative decency of the people who do make it down.

It is a beautiful place! Hopefully I'll see you out there sometime! Just keep an eye out for the super blond dude. I did meet some pretty awesome photographers out there, even some drone folks. Didn't go all the way through the cave, need to.

.......... I'm not sure what you mean by a selective mask on the green, it was just raised in lightroom and dodged a bit up.
I mean, did you select just that area to raise it, or was it the entire image you raised? Hmmmmm...... I'm not very good at the lingo yet........... with the adjustment brush, you can choose ONLY the green area to work on. "Selective". Or not, and every adjustment you make is applied to the "entire" image, not just to the selected area. I hope that makes better sense.

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk Pro

Ah, nope. I literally just go back over in photoshop with a 2 or 4% dodge brush on the midtones and take it one stroke at a time. If it really calls for it, I'll add a few dodges of 1% highlights.

Okay............. I'll try to go learn Greek and get back with you lol!!

Most reactions

Back