Attrition | Lee Big Stopper

Austin Greene

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
www.austingreenephotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Headed out to Davenport once again yesterday for what's become an almost weekly ritual. Sunset was a bust, but the light was still pretty good, and I feel like I finally reached an understanding with this gorge I've been trying to shoot for some time now.

It basically goes like this: "If you want photos, you and your camera are going to get wet."

Canon 6D
Canon 17-40f/4L
Lee Big Stopper
Lee .9GND Soft
ISO800, f/11, 112 seconds

"Attrition"

Attrition
by TogaLive, on Flickr

Looks really awesome. My only advice would be to try also attaching a CPL to get rid of the reflections on the rocks.

Looks really awesome. My only advice would be to try also attaching a CPL to get rid of the reflections on the rocks.
Thanks for the critique Matt! I'm actually a bit partial to those reflections, but perhaps in the future :) First things first, getting a lens sometime that has a bit less CA.

Thanks for the critique Matt! I'm actually a bit partial to those reflections, but perhaps in the future :) First things first, getting a lens sometime that has a bit less CA.

Yeah, I think it is personal preference!

If the reflections on the rocks would have been polarized away, then the depth clues and the wetness of the rocks would have been greatly minimized...and thus the time-exposure mist cloud's presence would make a lot less sense...the reflections on the rock are there because that is where the mist rises up to...

Austin I like it the way it is with the reflections. Nice shot.

Most reactions

Back