3 photos for C&C please! Taken today.

hasisar

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm still a noob (I'm still learning) so I have to ask how em I doing. I read some tutorials and articles suggested here that 'opened my eyes'. Thanks!:thumbup:
Photos were taken today and indoors with Canon 400D lens 50mm 1.8.

1. f 1.8, 1/400, ISO 800

2. f 1.8, 1/200, ISO 800

3. f 1.8, 1/100, ISO 800

Thank You for Your time to C&C my photos and to help me improve me skills.

Stop the lens down a couple of stops to improve the sharpness of the focus.

From f/1.8 to f/2.5 is 1 full stop, and from f/2.5 to f/3.5 is another full stop.

In #1 you used: f 1.8, 1/400, ISO 800
Leaving the ISO at ISO 800 and stopping the lens down 2 stops would have given you a shutter speed of 1/100.

Last edited:
I'm still a noob (I'm still learning) so I have to ask how em I doing. I read some tutorials and articles suggested here that 'opened my eyes'. Thanks!:thumbup:
Photos were taken today and indoors with Canon 400D lens 50mm 1.8.

1. f 1.8, 1/400, ISO 800

As mentioned the white balanced used gave the two people photos a distinct blue color cast. There are some distracting background elements in the first one.
Individual people shots are most often best made by rotating the camera 90° to the vertical/portrait framing orientation, rather than using the horizontal/landscape/televison/movie framing orientation.

I corrected the white balance and cropped using the ROT to place his right eye on the upper left ROT power point. The crop also helped eliminate some of the background distractions.
IMG_4303Edit.jpg

on #3 the plant or what ever that item is is kind of distracting, #1 is sharp on the person but looks like a snapshot, #2 is a little light on the left. Good job thought

yes at 1 & 2 WB is off, becouse I was shooting in a room with mixed light (dayling trought window and light bulb on a celling) and that is why pics are 'cold' and at the 3rd I had my eyes at the figure and hoped to have all the background blured that I didn't get even I was @ f 1.8, maybe I was to close to the object.

I forgot to mention earlier that these photos are straight from the camera...and I belive that everybody uses either lightroom or photoshop or some other software to process the photos so I'm going to do the same and switch to RAW + L on my Canon

Obviously I edited the JPEG you posted, but I did use Adobe Photoshop CS5's Camera Raw to do so.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back