3 Stars

JonK

I want MORE!!
Reaction score
Website
www.jonkilimnikphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Took this in a small rural Ukrainian cemetery.
I wish I knew the significance of the 3 stars. Anybody know?

49225995_4079dec7dd_o.jpg

:)

I'm getting married into a Ukrainian family next week...I can ask around. Although it may just be stars, common in church/biblical decoration.

What community was it?

gravestone symbols: a five pointed star represents the star of bethlehem and a six pointed star represents creation. i'm not sure this is the case with this though.

nice shot btw!

Cool shot Jon. Love the black and white.
Im my handy dandy gravestone symbol guide, it states that one star is "divine guidance", but it does not say anything else.

nice b/w jon.. love teh texture... :D
thanks for sharing

A1+A1+A1+A1+A1+A1+A1+A1+A1+A1+A1+A1+A1+A1+A1+A1+A1+A1+A1+A1+A1+A1+A1+A1+A1+A1+A1+A1+A1+A1+A1+A1+A1+A1+A1+A1+A1+A1+A1+A1+A1+A1+A1+A1+A1+A1+A1+A1+A1+A1+A1+A1+A1+A1+A1+A1+A1+A1+A1+A1+A1+A1+............

all I can say (-;

Arie Rotshtein

after reading chillers comment...i wonder if the three are Father*Son*Holy Spirit??

just hazzarding a guess.... my first thought, was that they look more military to me than religious.... i have noticed religious stars tend to be more ornate...

but that too is a "blind as three mice" guess....

great shot though..the black and white makes it...

Thanks everybody; the 3 stars are probably something to do with something :confused: :confused: :confused:
Thanks for the suggestions tho; i'm sure one of them is on the money.

Just for info sake I added a very faint blue sepia tint which may or may not show on everyone's monitor. If you saw them side-by-side you would see a noticeable difference.

Thanks again. :D :D

Most reactions

New Topics

Back