3 weeks

Pinus strobus

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
My friends horse had a baby 3 weeks ago, and she asked me to take some pictures of them. He is a cute little guy!

Do you think these work in Sepia? Any input is helpful

2555037856_a53e5bc1df_o.jpg

2555044712_1f9c2d0c78_o.jpg

http://www.flickr.com/

I like the positioning of the horses, but wish that the mother was not tied to something. The baby horse blends into the grass a little too much.

How cute! Your friend has two beautiful horses! And you captured them wonderfuly!

I really like #2 so I decided to play with it a little. I don't have PS so I used MS Paint (gasp) to edit out the rein and MS Office Picture Manager to up the contrast a bit, just to give u a ruff idea of what it could look like.

Ur status says it's ok, so I hope u don't mind! :sillysmi:

2555044712_1f9c2d0c78_o.jpg

Jvgig I see what you are saying about the baby blending in with the grass too much. I was able to adjust the lighting and make him stand out a bit more.

I did not think about editing out the strap. I guess that is because I use Picasa, and you cant do that with that program. It does look much better without the strap.

Thanks!

Blends in a little much, may get more contrast with black and white. :)

Edit: I'm not very observant...I saw that you tweaked it a bit in the 2nd post, the baby def stands out more.

As an old horse person- editing out the lead in two makes it look strange- the mares ears are back shouwing irritation, but with the lead gone, no reason but the foal. It is not a great shot but would have been better if you had done something to grab the mares sttention-
number one is a classic and I like it a lot. Both have their ears foreward and their atention is on something- very alert but not nervious-
JHMO from being around horses for 50 some years.
Judge Sharpe

THey're interesting shots, but I'd like to see them without the sepia treatment. It looks like you are losing a lot of detail/definition in the mouth, contours, face etc...and as you said, the foal is blending into the grass because they are all the same shade/colour.

I think for these pics, regular colour may just work better...

the tether does spoilt it a little, but sepia certainly works well. That second shot looks great.

Dioboleque:
The GIMP is a fantastic image editor. It's freely distributable cross-platform open source software and in my honest opinion, greatly out performs the commercial alternative, Photoshop. Well worth a download.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back