photoflyer

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
mikeatherton.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So I was dropping a few items off at Goodwill and I popped in to look around. They had a 30D body for $50 and I could not resist. I don't need it, I already have a 50D, T7i, and 6D Mark II but I really like the XXD series and it is always good to have a "disposible" body for higher risk situations. Or to lend to a friend or family member.

Besides, I also got a charger and two batteries in the box which I can use on the 50D. No CF card.

It is mint. Almost as if it was never used. I don't know how to get a shutter count but there is not even a speck of dust on the body.

Was this foolish?

Soocom1

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
YOU HAVE GAS!!!!!!

Sorry dude.. no cure.

Original katomi

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
I would use something like that in the high risk shoots like photography on a sandy beach or as you say lending to someone

Dwrcymru

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
Same thing happened to me a couple of years ago. It was an EOS 400d with a price tag of £60.00, it came with a kit lens, battery and charger and an online purchase.

When the camera arrived it came in a camera bag, in the bag along with the camera and lens was 2 spare batteries, battery grip, various filters including a circular polarizer, wired remote which was fully digital with timers, lens hood, lens blower brush, body and lens caps. The only thing that was left out was a compact flash card.

The body was spotless, the other gear was in an unused condition, I was thrilled to bits with it.

You did the right thing.

OP
photoflyer

photoflyer

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
mikeatherton.com
Photos OK to edit
thrilled to bits
What a steal!

I've had a chance to use it now and the image quality is really good so long as 8-megapixels will suffice.

The only issue was a skipping aperture / shutter wheel. And I think that was due to its sitting unused for 10 years rather than overuse. I turned the camera upside down and squirted a tiny bit of alcohol into it and worked it over and now it is like new.

Most reactions

New Topics