What's new

35mm really 35mm?

redtippmann

TPF Noob!
Joined
Aug 19, 2008
Messages
706
Reaction score
6
Location
Athens, Ohio
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Well I am looking for a fast and wide lens that wont break the bank. (well that throws the 24-70 out the window) So I am looking at nikons 35mm F1.8 G DX AF-S. But after going to nikons website and reading this, I was just wondering if it will still be 35mm when I put it on my cropped sensor.

...rendering a picture angle approximating the classic normal angle of view of a 50mm lens on a Nikon FX-format digital SLR or a 35mm film camera

Or will it be 52.5mm?
 
it is a 35mm lens but with your CS it will give the field of view of a 50mm. H
 
Focal length of the lens will not change, just the field of view.
 
Flash Harry, Dao,and Gaerek are telling it to you correctly: when you mount the 35mm f/1.8 AF-S G Nikkor on your D2h, the lens will still be a 35mm lens, but the angle of view will be similar to that of a 50mm lens on a 24x36 film camera or a Nikon D3 series or a D700 full-frame digital.
 
Okay thanks, I just thought that because it was a DX lens that it might still have the field of view of a 35mm lens.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom