35mm SLR question

skatephoto

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi, i am looking for a good camera for skateboard and snowboard photography. I cant afford the expensive cameras like the eos 1v or nikon f5. I have been looking at the elan 7E, nikon N 80, N 90. Are these good cameras for action photography. What other cameras are good for this.

I think any camera with a fast shutter speed 1000 or 2000 of a sec should do just fine ,the elan 7e is a great camera from what i have been hearing it would be great for it . If you want a little more speed and have the money the minolta maxxum 7 is a my camera of choice it has a 1/8000 of a sec shutter but is a bit more $$$ if you look around you can find them for 450 to 500$ U.S. range.

Minolta make a fine camera, but their lenses are not so hot, and thats what makes your picture. I don't think you will need 1/8000s for the photography your talking about. I have a Canon Elan 7e and sleep with it under my pillow, it has 1/4000 shutter speed, which is more then enough for what your looking for, and its near pro quality.
The N80 has spot metering which is a plus, but if your doing sports photography, a fast frames per second will prolly benefit you more. The Elan 7 does 4 per sec. and the N80 does 2.5 i think. The N80 might save you a couple bucks though.
Both are great cameras and they will both serve you well.

Best advice though if taking pics in the snow, meter your light off the subject instead of trying to average the light (which is what your camera meter will automatically do unless you override it) You don't want the light from the snow fooling your camera into thinking the subject is brighter then they are.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back