In my area I done a google search for professional photographers.
I was so suprised to seen we have got over 20 of them and our whole area has just got over 30,000 people living in it.
I think there are maybe 15 too many here.
And yes, it is people go and buy a dSLR camera and set up a facebook page place a watermark on thier images and now they think they are professional's.
We have got a group of photographer on facebook group that you have to live here to get on it.
And we now have got 170 members and there are I think 6 that have got adds ofering their services for a fee.
But to look at some of their shots I am not too sure if I would give them my money.
I am nowhere close to being or even thinking I could turn my hobby into a business plus it was never about that.
Though many think that owning a good camera gives you the rights to get paid for your photos.

On this group one member asked if people would put down their names to give photo's we have taken so our local council can make an app of native birds to our area for the tourist. One said that it was unfair as he thought that he should be paid for his photo's. I on the other hand think its going to be a free app and if they use any of my shots just put my name next to it and I will be happy.
But there are too many who want to make money out of it without doing a lot of work.
I have sold a lot of photos to newspapers over the years. Since I retired and my income is passive income from investments now, the only active income is from hobbies.

Watchful I am not saying that its a bad thing. I am saying in my area it seems as everyone with a camera now tried to make money out of it and with no real training.
I would never deny anyone from making money from their images, but it just not for me.
And only speaking of my area some of them should not be making money out of it either.
If you like to do that then more power to you and I hope it can give you extra spending money.

Online marketing/advertising on social networks like FB, IG, Twitter, blogs, etc has outpaced traditional advertising. Many things like metrics, efficiency, speed, and the ability be more fluid with the current trend where traditional methods can't keep up anymore. It's also an "equalizing" factor for smaller businesses to compete with bigger companies online. There is no going back. Most businesses will have a website, a FB page, Instagram account, and a Twitter account. It's a multipronged approach to reach potential clients, effectively and efficiently.
i can't stand social media- it bores me to tears and is the biggest waste of time and bandwidth I can imagine, BUT... I understand it's the way things are now, and I use it. I don't have a Yellow Pages ad, but I do have a Facebook page.

Online marketing/advertising on social networks like FB, IG, Twitter, blogs, etc has outpaced traditional advertising. Many things like metrics, efficiency, speed, and the ability be more fluid with the current trend where traditional methods can't keep up anymore. It's also an "equalizing" factor for smaller businesses to compete with bigger companies online. There is no going back. Most businesses will have a website, a FB page, Instagram account, and a Twitter account. It's a multipronged approach to reach potential clients, effectively and efficiently.
i can't stand social media- it bores me to tears and is the biggest waste of time and bandwidth I can imagine, BUT... I understand it's the way things are now, and I use it. I don't have a Yellow Pages ad, but I do have a Facebook page.

That's all I use it for. I don't even have anything personal on any of my social networking accounts and technically don't have any personal accounts. They're for the purpose of business. LOL Facebook and word of mouth have brought tremendous amount of business to me with virtually no advertising budget. IMHO, the time has changed and and we as business owners just have to do our best to stay current whether we like it or not

fauxtogs are a pet peeve of mine; ya know, get a camera, learn how to watermark, and BOM! Make your Facebook business page and set up your $50 a shoot with a CD of "all Edits" pricing structure. Next step? Shooting weddings for $500. Full of selective color and the like.
Guess what! FB business now offers the option to "verify" your page so it shows up in more feeds and has a badge showing its verified. You need a tax doc or similar proof to do this. Yay! I sent them a pic of our business license and we are now verified.
The faux down the street running an illegal studio in the back of her friend's flower shop (I can't make this stuff up) will not be able to verify. It involves actually reporting income, collecting sales tax, ya know, owning an actual business.
Good move, FB!
I am betting this is as easily faked as anything in a PDF editor. I don't see it making a wit of difference.

It might just open up a new group of businesses making documents to fool Facebook.

Hmmm... Anyone need verification on FB?
I know a guy that knows a guy whose cousin does this. :)

We don't feel it as much here; but most forums I'm on have seen a VAST drop in new users joining and existing users using. Facebook is vast these days and often people are using facebook and twitter as almost all their internet and social activities. It's a huge tool for communicating with the public.

These days even small businesses have a website; indeed it would be abnormal for you not to have a website; facebook is the same and more and more use it. That doesn't mean we all "like" social media and I think its a great shame that its killing forums and dedicated online clubs the way it is - but at the end of the day its there. Sure it might vanish in a year, the internet is like that, but at present its there and it benefits a professional to reach out with whatever marketing they can to reach as many potential customers.

Ok, you do realize stuff like this will get you put on the FBBI's watch list. Big brothers little cousin is everywhere, plus they have plenty of cat pictures.

Sent from my N9518 using Tapatalk

That's not even close to what I meant.
And you wonder why the rest of the world thinks New Yorkers are rude.

6a011168476f8c970c0133ef5fac3c970b-pi

Glad I don't have to bother with it for photography reasons, and if I did I'd be thinking about what to post. I don't post photos on there much even though my FB friends are people I actually know in real life; I don't leave them on long because of the terms. Of course what they'd do with all the photos I don't know, but they're providing users' info. to advertisers so who knows.

I am chair person of a nonprofit and I know not many followers see all of our posts anymore. It just wouldn't be a good use of limited funds to pay to promote posts.

Glad I don't have to bother with it for photography reasons, and if I did I'd be thinking about what to post. I don't post photos on there much even though my FB friends are people I actually know in real life; I don't leave them on long because of the terms. Of course what they'd do with all the photos I don't know, but they're providing users' info. to advertisers so who knows.

I am chair person of a nonprofit and I know not many followers see all of our posts anymore. It just wouldn't be a good use of limited funds to pay to promote posts.
Well I do post on FB, a group called Nebraska Through The Lens. I've met some interesting folks in my local area, many who share my hobby. But I don't put much in my actual FB page. Can't imagine anyone cares if I'm sitting on my porch or whatever.. lol

Sent from my N9518 using Tapatalk

I have got a facebook page and I have only got people on my page that I know.
Photo's I post one there are always resized and all info taken off, but I think facebook does this anyway.
In my time on there I have been on 3 photographic groups. One was that everything had to be sugar coated and that got the better of me. One was that your opinion wasn't allowed to be said but the owners of the page could say exactly what I was saying, and I am off both of them . I have just joined one which is for people only in our area and it has had its ups and downs so far.
Though I think facebook has got a future for companies to show their stuff for no charge, well I think they can.
So I can see many more taking to it and as it has been said you may not like it but its the way of today.

Photo's I post one there are always resized and all info taken off, but I think facebook does this anyway.
In my time on there I have been on 3 photographic groups. One was that everything had to be sugar coated and that got the better of me. One was that your opinion wasn't allowed to be said but the owners of the page could say exactly what I was saying, and I am off both of them . I have just joined one which is for people only in our area and it has had its ups and downs so far.
Though I think facebook has got a future for companies to show their stuff for no charge, well I think they can.
So I can see many more taking to it and as it has been said you may not like it but its the way of today.

IMHO, you should never rely on social networking platforms for your business, where you are dependent on someone's "good will". Social networks should be part of your strategy to drive traffic back to your own business (ie, webpage) where you have more control.

IMHO, you should never rely on social networking platforms for your business, where you are dependent on someone's "good will". Social networks should be part of your strategy to drive traffic back to your own business (ie, webpage) where you have more control.
Webpage? You mean website. A single page is pretty useless and not interactive.

Most reactions

Back