3D Anaglyph Images

RacePhoto

Pete
Reaction score
Website
peteklinger.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Just adding something, maybe to bring out the subject in a general way?

I bought some scans from a guy in the UK. Vintage images.

2337-Autos-Chicago-ANA-Web.jpg

Is what I created from

2337-Autos-Chicago-WEB.png

Interesting that the forum will not allow the tag 3D OK but it's in the subject and the text.

Usually I do these from my own cards which I have around 800. I don't work with the Litho images, just the real photo. But when buying collections, there are always some of the newer cards included. Many of them are Litho prints that were made from the original photo cards.

I don't know if you are aware of the greatwarin3d.org website where around 900 WW1 images are available in Anaglyph form. Real photos are the best with a high resolution scan if you want to produce the anaglyph. Are you using SPM to make the anaglyph?

I don't know if you are aware of the greatwarin3d.org website where around 900 WW1 images are available in Anaglyph form. Real photos are the best with a high resolution scan if you want to produce the anaglyph. Are you using SPM to make the anaglyph?
Thank You, I'll go look. Yes, for the Fuji camera I had to download this and it's really well written. StereoPhoto Maker (English)

Remember you can use any camera and cha-cha for stationary views - I frequently find this is a better option than my W3 due to the limitations of the lenses.

I have, and there's some old software (somewhere on an XP desktop) that makes an anaglyph from a single image. For anyone else reading this, stand with your weight on your left foot - take a photo. Shift your weight to your right foot -take a photo. Combine and you have a nice 3D image.

I know some people are all into divergence and perspective and how many mm apart the eyes are Etc. One the other hand, if this is for fun and not perfection and science, it's just an amusing way to make an image.

ps the W3 makes video and I'm not especially interested in that. I have the special case for two GoPro HD that using a special cable, makes them sync. It's for stills, time lapse or video.

H ave many pairs of the red/cyan glasses, I might have some polarized in there too. And some I swear are brown and green or something odd from a Super Bowl ad. Which is actually more about the time it takes light to get to the brain, another trick. But meanwhile...

If I make a 3D image, it seems that most people don't have the glasses to view them. Then there are a good number of people who don't see depth very well, or at all.

I like it, just like I enjoy taking some odd photos or creating them as composites or panoramas. 3D is for fun.

Stereoscopic Society of America

Most reactions

Back