3rd times a charm? C+C

Ballistics

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Charm... music... get it? *cricket chirps*

Eh, ok so I did a 3rd shoot at the same venue and here's a few for C+C.

If 5 is too many for you to C+C pick which ever ones stick out to you I guess, or just critique the lot in general if you'd like.

I wound up with about 50 or so images from the night. So to get started, I'm just posting the few I've edited.

Last edited:
Photo 1 seems off to me...the fact that his finger is so far out of depth of field it makes me think amputee (not to mention his arching to the side just makes his torso seem a bit disproportionate to his head).

The rest I like a lot...2 is probably my favorite. 4 is also up there in favorites because it made me laugh :) I want to see a caption under that one!

THanks for the input Pukka. #1 was a decisive moment shot. Get it or miss it. I wish there was more DOF as well.

I like them all nice job. * 4 the facial expression almost looks like he is in pain,maybe through his back out or something,Ah my back ouch ouch.

Haha yeah... he was... different. Unfortunately there's a bag in the way of his hand to show the distortion pedal that he was rapidly jamming to the floor lol.

I'm not really digging any of them. Sorry man :/

Photo 1 seems off to me...the fact that his finger is so far out of depth of field it makes me think amputee (not to mention his arching to the side just makes his torso seem a bit disproportionate to his head).
Blocks the head, and ruins it. Sadly.

#1 looks like a direct quote of the famous Johnny Cash photograph. #4 is a failure since we can't see what he's doing.

Otherwise, these are all fine workmanlike concert shots. You're probably getting no C&C because there's not really much to say - they are fine examples of what they are, neither more nor less.

How about this one instead of the other?

Well, why not?

#1 - I'm not digging the OOF points.

#2 - nothing technical, I just don't like the pose. Maybe a bit too cliche.

#'s 3, 4, and 5 - I think it's the lighting, its just not working for me :/

Nice. It's like the anti-Cash, actually. Similar pose, but ecstatic with joy and positivity. I dig it. I'd dodge the OOF finger a bit, bring it up, push everything else down a bit. Make the finger the brightest thing in the frame, the thing you look at.

The parallel line of the head and the guitar neck across the frame, and the dynamic angle make this one really pop visually, and emphasizes the ecstasy and positive energy.

The star behind his head might need to go. Shove it down dark, or clone it out entirely.

Love the light in the crook of his neck.

The more I look, the more I love, this is has the potentially for iconic greatness, I swear.

Most reactions

Back