4.5 months old

A&A_Lane

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
There are just a handful of quick photos I snapped while my daughter was napping today. I'm hoping to get some good 'smiling' pictures this evening or later this week.:wink:

C&C is welcome! I'm here to learn.;)

A bit solemn but I still thought it was cute.

DSC_1418b.jpg

DSC_1425.jpg

#3 I wasn't very impressed with the picture quality on this one so I thought I'd put a vintage twist on it. Thoughts?

DSC_1408-copy-3.jpg

DSC_1433a.jpg

Last edited:
#1 is very cute, and I like the composition, but the white balance is pretty far off. You can tell from the whites of her eyes. There is also an orange cast on the right side of her face. What was the light source there?

#2 the background is distracting, and I wish I could see more of her face. I think a different angle may have helped.

#3 to be honest I don't think it's a keeper, vintage twist or not. It's underexposed and out of focus.

#4 is very sweet... I'm a fan of little feet shots. :) Again I see an orange-ish cast here.

She is adorable... what a great little subject you have. :)

:lol: The 'she' is a 'he'.:D

Thank you for the comments!

I'll agree that the white balance is a tad off...all were shot with natural light/no flash. Indoors...the paint on my walls does NOT make it very friendly for taking pictures.:confused:

#1-On the whites...that's actually my own fault. I need to go back and fix that layer...I lightened his eyes up some since they are such a dark brown. I wan't being careful and caught the whites as well. I'll fix that before I print them. Thanks!

#2-I agree on the face angle. I was scared to wake him up though since he is trying to refuse naps lately.:blushing: The background is actually just a blanket. I must be odd...I actually kinda like that part of it.:lol:

#3-Your completely right on the focus. Plus, I had to up the ISO which I hate because of the grainy feel. Drives me bonkers. I usually try to keep ISO at 400 or below when possible. I should have dug my sb-600 out and used it with my soft filter but I was feeling lazy. :blushing:

#4-
There is a little bit of warm tint that I can see what you're talking of. I will mention that my son has darker tan skin. It's hard for me to sometimes capture correctly (especially indoors!). I might should add a touch of coolness to that photo though? Not sure. I'll play around with it later.

Thank you for the comments!

More welcomed!!!:D

:lol: No problem!

I just took the blue cast off photo #1. Any better? The whites look normal now but it kinda has a red tint to it, imo (not the eyes...the picture as a whole). Part of it is probably the light reflecting off my silly walls (one of the walls nearby is red...other one is brown.;)).

Also, took the tint off pic #4...too blue now? I think I like it ok.

#1 is still buggin' me though.:confused:

Ok, I fixed #1 a little. Any better? Time to edit is limited these days as the pictured 4.5 month old believes he needs held ALL. DAY. LONG.:confused:

Number two would make a cute B&W photograph.y But you have some very cute shots.

You have a yellow tint to some of your pictures. I have 1 window in my livingroom and its a very small one. I find that if i turn off the lights, and turn my ISO up to 400 and position my subject ( child, myself, or sometimes flowers) i can get good clear shots without tinting.

P.s. I use blankets for backgrounds, although king sized sheets work really well too!

Edit
Oh you can also adjust the color temprature in your PP editing to remove the color cast as well.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back