4 for C&C please

dustin0479

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So I took my son to the park today and decided to try and use what I have learned from here and "Understanding Exposure". Let me know your thoughts.
EthanLake1.jpg

_MKT7992.jpg

_MKT7987.jpg

EthanFun2.jpg

Thoughts per req:

1. This is a situation where, if you needed to pose him in the tree's shadow (I would recommend a different location) you should have used spot metering. The subject is at least a full stop under-exposed. Additionally the posed and expression are rather awkward. Also, consider your backgrounds; you've made good use of selective focus, but there's so many different colours, textures and brightness levels that it's very distracting.

2. Nice! I think this is well done. I like the exposure here, I suspect it may show as about 1/3 - 1/2 stop under, but no matter, it works well IMO. The only issue is that the face seems slightly soft, but I think that is a compression issue from your hosting 'site.

3. Nice interplay of light and and shadow on the face; it works very well, but again an awkward pose and the position of the hands really doesn't work.

4. A nice 'happy child playing shot'. Good exposure here - it just needs to be leveled.

Just my $00.02 worth - your mileage may vary.

~John

I tried to crop it but in doing so I would lose the tip of his foot. Thoughts?

I tried to crop it but in doing so I would lose the tip of his foot. Thoughts?

Just remember next time to make sure your camera is aligned correctly.

Definitely! There are alot of things to remember, and after running through all the settings i was more worried about his fascial expressions and did not notice the alignment.

Here is the image aligned. I actually do not think it is too bad cropped but i would have loved to get the whole foot.
EthanFun2-1.jpg

I am shocked, my first C&C request was not nearly as bad as expected (you guys are scary)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back