$400. to Spend

Ok Everyone that posted I would like to say thanks....

I just ordered my Nikon 50mm f1.8 d lens and the SB-600!! I should have them by Wednesday or Thursday!!!! I AM SO EXCITEDD!!!!!

Now I am looking for what is NEXT!!! will go to the camera store for some filters and defusers!!!

Yeah, camera...

Light stand - $20
White shoot through umbrella -$20
Umbrella adaptar - $15

$55, but you can start shooting off camera with that if you have a d80 or greater.

He has a D90 and can shoot off camera without all that as well :lol:

But yeah, good stuff to have if you're going to use it.

Meaning that he wouldn't have to spend money on a set of triggers. You can to a ton of things with a stand and umbrella. It's a great way to get started as you don't always want hard lighting or have some one available to hold your flash for you.

Yeah but I been reading alot and I dont think I want a umbrella I really want the Soft box!

But to have a softbox that actually provides good light with enough power, then you're probably going to have to use multiple speed lights with it. Those small little softboxes don't do much for softening the light. To get a softer light, the light source has to be larger.

So if you want a softbox, try using two or three strobes in a larger softbox. Other than that, spend the money on some monolights.

Nice addition... my only beef with adding the grip is that it forces me out of my favorite camera bag (Lowepro Rezo 170AW).

:lol:

No reason to get a soft box at this stage in the game, especially if you are learning about light and setups. An umbrella at this point is going to do pretty much everything you can think of.

As for whether or not one light can do much of anything, I would suggest folks check out the appropriately named "One Light" DVD by Zack Arias.

Thanks for the great info! I am going to hold off on most things for the next few weeks and Work on the Battery Grip and a new bag cause mine is 19.99 from walmart and wont be able to hold all the stuff. 3 lenses and the flash. And I want to add the battery pack so no way that will fit.

So BATTERY PACK first

NEW BAG 2nd. What are suggestions on good bags that wont break the bank! they dont have to be hugh but I would like room to grow with it! Say $125 max but I rather stay closer to $100!
Saw some nice stuff at the Camera Store for about 100 but I dont remember the name brand... will have to pass by again soon

So I got the Lens and Flash in this afternoon and all is good. Now I just need time to mess with it!!! Lots to learn

BnH had it two me in two days. I am very happy with there service... I even sent them a email and they called me back to confirm some info!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back