What's new

4x5 Kodachrome

Status
Not open for further replies.
these are all WWII Rosie the Riveter, etc. pictures. Even before my time. Is there a reason why you wanted to share them?
 
I thought they were stunning and wanted to share them.
 
they have already been posted in another thread...

they are awesome photographs, true works of art.
 
they have already been posted in another thread...

they are awesome photographs, true works of art.

Trever1t, I must be missing something, but these seem to be just like the majority of photos I've seen growing up right after WWII. What makes them true works of art other then they're from a time in our history when much of the armament industry was manned by women, as just about every able body man was in the Armed services?
 
lighting, composition and historical importance.
 
lighting, composition and historical importance.

Tever1t, I accept that they're technically excellent, but so have the literally hundreds of other homeland pictures taken during WWII. However, many of of them were in Black & White.

I guess that our ages have a lot to do with our appreciation of these type of pictures. I grew up with them post WWII as practically a every day experience.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom