5 Beauties

K9Kirk

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Correct me if I'm wrong on any of these.

Laughing gull soaring over the beach.
123392-studio2.jpg

Great egret with a crabby snack.
123421-studio-5.jpg

A skimmer preparing to skim the water.
123224-studio5.jpg

An osprey stretching out on its perch. (redo)
11142079-studio.jpg

A group of roseate spoonbills just waking up.
123411-studio.jpg

Five in deed. Love no. 4. I've got a shot somewhere with a raptor using its air brakes on landing.

I have got to be better at birds in flight, any tips

The 80D is a good camera, but you need a lens that will focus quickly. Most of my BIF shots are using a Tamron 18-400mm, although I've caught a few with the kit lens. I have the same Sigma lens, but it doesn't react fast enough for most BIF shots.

Wonderful set! I really like #1 for its classic simplicity.
Thanks Jeff. I like that about it, too.

What Jeff said, it sounds like my Tamron 150-600, not the fastest at focusing. I can recommend this, if you observe birds flying regularly in a particular area, find a good spot with the sun to your back and nothing but sky in the background. A camera can spot and focus on the subject faster if the subject is against a clear bg. It also looks better. Also, shoot manual with your aper wide open (small number) 1/2000 s.s. and AUTO ISO. If shooting white birds be sure and use your exp. comp so as not to blow out the whites. If you have any questions, just ask.

jeeffashman,

The 80D is a good camera, but you need a lens that will focus quickly. Most of my BIF shots are using a Tamron 18-400mm, although I've caught a few with the kit lens. I have the same Sigma lens, but it doesn't react fast enough for most BIF shots

What Camera do you use?

I have only used the Sigma just a little since it is new. It does seem to focus quickly to me (obviously you folks have a better idea than me on that). So far I love the Sigma but like I said, I have only just begun to use it.

jeeffashman,

What Camera do you use?

I have only used the Sigma just a little since it is new. It does seem to focus quickly to me (obviously you folks have a better idea than me on that). So far I love the Sigma but like I said, I have only just begun to use it.
I have the 90D, which I got to replace the 2000D.

Love that landing in # 4 , all great photos

Love that landing in # 4 , all great photos
Thanks PL! I can see how it could easily be mistaken for a landing, but it was actually just sitting there and stretching out. I don't see that very often and its sort of a weird sight to see them contort like they do.

Thanks PL! I can see how it could easily be mistaken for a landing, but it was actually just sitting there and stretching out. I don't see that very often and its sort of a weird sight to see them contort like they do.
got it.. yes very different.

The skimmer for me. I've got to come get me some of those.

Very nice set.

Most reactions

Back