took a trip to the coast...image heavy

Wow! These are all outstanding, So I'll just agree with your picks

Thanks for the comment

Damned fine work. If I was a bird, I'd hire you to take my portrait....would you take payment in eggs? Or fish?

I love #1, #17, and #20 the mostest. Great detail combined with bokeh, good complimentary colors, excellent compositions.

I like fish... thanks for the comments. the anhinga's were great posers.

I was afraid to even open this thread, because I knew I'd just jealous of your skills AND your proximity to the beach!

I was right; I'm jealous. But it was worth opening to see these tremendous shots! Love that first one and the first one of the spoonbill as well.

My first time with a spoonbill for a little while at least. wish i could have had slightly better light and a better angle, but oh well.

WOW! These are fantastic. I have to say #1 and #4 are my favorites but they are all so very good.

Thanks,

Sweetness all the way around!

Interesting, there is a Huntington Beach here also that is a hotbed for shorebirds (Bolsa Chica Wetlands).

I have heard of it but never been, thanks for your comments.

Ok, wait....you have a new(er) Baby in the house and you HAD to set an alarm for 2:30 a.m? Man, you are a lucky guy!
Wonderful, wonderful as always.
Nancy

My wife is very helpful...... and he have been sleeping pretty good.

These are really lovely! I've never seen a "spoonbill" I don't believe. Number two is definitely my favorite!

Thanks, they are somewhat common in florida and the gulf i guess, and rarely venture farther.

I simply adore #1. That's an award winning shot ! What lens were you using?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks, Nikon 300mm 2.8 vr and a tc14e III for most of the shots, but i think #1 was bare lens. and nikon d7100

[/QUOTE]
Thanks, Nikon 300mm 2.8 vr and a tc14e III for most of the shots, but i think #1 was bare lens. and nikon d7100[/QUOTE]

My dream lens Canon version. Far off dream. :)

Great photos, outstanding IQ,

That bird with the pink rear end looks like its wearing a tutu in the 4th photo haha.. That is one ridiculous looking bird.

Thanks, Nikon 300mm 2.8 vr and a tc14e III for most of the shots, but i think #1 was bare lens. and nikon d7100[/QUOTE]

My dream lens Canon version. Far off dream. :)[/QUOTE]

yeah both brands make a nice 300mm 2.8. I downgraded from the 500mm f4 vr and usually I don't miss it, when I go places were the bird allow me to get close enough, as the 300mm 2.8 is really a sharper lens.

These are all incredible photos! They're all so sharp!!!

Is that a gator's head poking up a little in #6? Because there is one in the background of #14.

Most reactions

Back