5 photos for C&C

LCARSx32

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.lcarsx32.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello everyone. I have a few more photos I could use some constructive criticism on. Thanks!

#1 - Dashed hopes of getting inside
no-admit.jpg

#2 - Graffiti in a small town
obey.jpg

#3 - A 'Radio Equipped' Frisco caboose
radio-equipt.jpg

#4 - Born in the wrong time period
pt.jpg

#5 - Down by the river on a winter night
winter-streak.jpg

Please, let me know what you think!
-Ray

Angled too much. Maybe a shot of the wall on the opposite side of the door to help balance and frame the composition.

I like this one. I like the fact that the "graffiti" is angled on the sign and I like how the windows lead off into the background. Wonder what it would have looked like had the windows been in-line with the "graffiti".

Good enough. Simplistic. Elegant.

I like angled pictures when its done right as this almost was except for that patch of overblown sky in the top-right.

The best one in my opinion. Of course I'm Minnesotan and so I have a predisposition to being drawn into a neat winter scene like this one is. Good job!

P.S. Come comment on some of mine when you get the chance...

Thanks for the input!

I wish I had taken a second shot of #1. I didn't get the right side brick. I see what you mean, tho.

I don't think I could have gotten high enough to get the windows level with the graffiti in #2, lol. They were a good 10 feet up or so.

#3 was fun for me. I've been a big fan of trains ever since I was young. I also enjoy electronics, so the picture was perfect :)

Yeah, I thought about cropping the sky out of #4, but I didn't want to lose any more of the text on the building. I thought about adding a sky with photoshop, but I don't think it would have turned out well.

My sister will be glad that you liked #5 the most! She actually took it. We decided to try some night shots over the winter and this shot was the best by far.

Thanks again for the comments!

Just checked out your side fellow geek! I'm lazy now using pre-made cms solutions (I use Joomla!) but when I actually handcoded sites, I used Programmer's Notepad, I see you use Notepad++ which is another great utility. I actually have a comment featured under the "What users say" section of Programmer's Notepad. Its a lot of fun taking the time to design websites using style sheets, but like I said I have grown lazy over the years. Congrats on the great looking website. Come check AgentDrex.com out sometime...I hope you have fun here at thephotoforum, its been a source of learning and growing for me. Great bunch of people here.

Really like number 2, Obey is awesome.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back